blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Liebster Award, me?

What the heck is a Liebster? I know it means "dearest/beloved", in German.  Awww, sweet.  Yeah, I had to look that up. It's about listing 11 random facts about yourself, and answering 11 random questions from the person who sends them to you. In this case Jules, from My Mom's A Whack Job. She's hysterical by the way, you must go to her blog! I'm so thrilled Jules likes my blog enough to spread the word and nominate me. Thank you, thank you Jules.

The award is geared toward up and coming bloggers, usually with 200 or less followers.  That's me, that's me!! (As I raise my hand jumping out of my seat.)

Anyway, then you get to pick 11 bloggers, with 200 or less followers, to nominate the award and have them list 11 random facts about themselves, and give them 11 random questions. How fun is that!  Wait, is this where blogging gets weird?  Who makes this stuff up?  Oh well, let's go along with it, for coffee with sugar.  (Can I say " for shits & giggles"?)  


So, my 11 random facts about me-self: 

1.  I'm the only sibling of five, with green eyes, got them from my daddy :)
2.  I'm terrified of heights
3.  I loathe winter
4.  I'm obsessed with ALL the Bravo Housewives Reality Shows!
5.  While I run, I repeat one song I particularly like over and over, while pretending I'm a singer on a small stage, while also having a guest appearance, Blake! (Yes, I really told you that!) Hey, it helps time pass quickly, and I forget to question why I'm running. 
6.  My son turning 30 in August, bothers me more than when I turned 50
7.  I love listening to thunder
8.  I wash my hair twice per week. NO, it's not gross, dry shampoo ladies! My hair is too curly & frizzy.
9.  I love going to the movies
10. I have a fear of driving on major highways. Even though I used to drive in NYC, to OKC & FL, several times!
11. I love sending real postal mail to my special peeps


Answering the 11 questions from Jules:

1.  What word do you use all the time and in what context? Crazy. Like, "that's crazy".  I use it a lot.
2.  Name one thing you did that made you proud of yourself this week. I cleaned out some office clutter.
3.  What is your favorite place to hang out with your girlfriends? I have near by girlfriends, and states away girlfriends, so any place would be my favorite as long as it's time with them.
4.  What is the last text message you received say?  "That's fun" Who was it from? My cutie stepdaughter. 
5.  What was the oddest thing you ate as a kid? One bite of liver.  Gross, right?  Who cooks liver, mom?? Ew.
6.  What nickname does only your family or close friends call you? Aunt Wonders.  My nephew started it when he told me how wonderful he thought I was.  Yeah, I'm down like that :) 
7.  Do people tell you that you act older, younger, or your age? Hhmmm, I guess younger, since I'm told I look younger.  (Hubster says all 3, in a good way. Yeah, like he'd say anything other to my face.) 
8.  Ever been skinny dipping? Not that I remember....ha. 
9.  Do you wear pajamas to places other than at your house? I have only in my car, giving rides.
10. What sound or noise do you love? Several, the frogs on a warm summer night, birds in the early morning, and the leaves rustling on the trees on a cool Fall day.  
11. Ever had an imaginary friend as a child? Ooooh yes.  I had my own real imaginary Tinkerbell.  She also had a birdhouse in my imaginary world, to live in.  Shhh, don't tell anyone.


My 11 nominated peeps(If you have more than 200 followers, my apologies, I probably couldn't figure out where to find the number. You can skip this fun task, or run with it!)


Okay that seemed easy, until I got to the last 2 or 3! 


My 11 questions for my 11 nominated peeps:

1.  Do you still live in the town you grew up in?
2.  Where is the furthest you've ever traveled?
3.  Bratt Pitt or Ben Affleck?
4.  Have you ever met a celebrity and conversed with them? (not just a sighting or wave)
5.  What is the strangest talent you have?
6.  If you had the chance, what would you change about yourself?
7.  What is your favorite movie?
8.  What food, (not dessert) could you eat every single day for dinner?
9.  Do you think you are a good driver?
10. What was your favorite toy when you were little?
11. How many hours per day, do you blog? (write, read, and comment)


It is really hard trying to find bloggers with less than 200 followers.  Let's give these peeps some support, including me :) These are all great bloggers, they each have something special for all of us.  Thanks for reading this long blog.  It was worth it thought, right?!!





16 comments:

  1. I love thunder also and only wash my hair twice a week, mainly because it is thick and a pain to dry!

    I love your blog, glad you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy! Thanks for nominating me and my blog :) I was wondering if there is a deadline I have to do this by? Things are pretty hectic this week with wedding/painting projects so am I able to do this over the weekend or early next week?

    Thanks!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie!
      I don't believe there is a deadline, no. Post when convenient! Can't wait for your answers.
      it's Hump Day, the rest of the week is all down hill! Enjoy.

      Delete
  3. Hi pretty lady! I posted my answers today. Thanks so much for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going over right now to read, thanks for letting me know!
      You are so sweet xo

      Delete
  4. Thank you for nominating me! I'm writing my post right now.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. No shame in loving all of the Housewives shows. Maybe I feel that way because I love them all too - well, most of them. I think the Miami wives try too hard so I don't watch.
    As a fellow curly-head, I also do not wash my hair every day. I wash 3 times a week at most, but usually only twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bri! Thanks for stopping by. I agree about the HW of Miami, haha. My hubster is even addicted to the shows with me :)

      Thanks so much for reading my posts, much appreciated! xo

      Delete
  6. Whoa congratulations on this award Wendy! Watch out for another one coming! :) I took a look back at you and your dad photo on your 4th of July post and at a closer look, you do both have the same green eyes! How wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my most prized possession! Haha, thanks Mary xo

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo