blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Trains & Little Boys

I must say, having my 7-year old nephew to hang with the past few days, has been so much fun!  I love listening to this kid talk. Even 3-years ago his vocabulary was huge, and his knowledge of when to use big words was more accurate than most teens AND adults. 


I love hearing him talk about how much he loves coming to visit, even if his main interest is seeing my son or teenagers or Uncle Blob (yes, Blob).  Or how he loves just looking out at the backyard, and running around. Or, that he's amazed my house costs $287, and not the $125 he originally thought, and thinking I could give the house to his mommy and daddy when we want to sell it or maybe give them $115 to buy one just like it. I love this kid. 


I took Deegan to visit my 94-yr old Aunt Eleanor. He was a perfect gentleman and offered to help her do things. He told her he liked her name,  and that 94 was a good age.  I love the beauty in children.  The conversation was amazing and full of smiles and giggles.  When we left, he said "I like Aunt Eleanor, she's so sweet".  That she is, sweet and a very lovely lady.


Kids ground you, they make you humble.  They think you know everything... Well, at 12-yrs they probably stop believing that, no doubt.  I remember my son (back in the early 90's) was amazed I knew so much about computers. Five years later he said, "you don't know much about computers mom".  Actually, he thinks I don't know much now, haha. It's a funny thing, growing up.  As we get older, we see how history repeats in good ways, bad ways, side ways and sad ways :)

Getting back on track, my nephew has cool parents.



They gave him a cool name, Deegan. Named after the last name, of a pro motor cross racer. Surely he will not have to worry about anyone having the same name in his graduating class. He is, an original. 

We had a lot of fun the past few days. Mom and sissy went home, and Deegan stayed.  Sissy is the beautiful and happiest baby, Cordelia May.  Yes, she has my middle name.  I was so thrilled!!



We went for a train ride. Deegan just loved this!




To a local kids museum. 


They said the museum was for kids 2 to 7 or 8 years of age.  I think they should stop at 5 or 6 years.  It was very small and it was mainly a play area rather than a true learning museum. Although, we did pass some time away and play around  for a bit.  Deegan had fun, that's all that matters. Seeing his sweet face light up, and hearing his happy giggle is priceless. 


I always miss the little Deeg when he's gone. They live an hour and a half away, so it's not always easy to just stop by. I'm looking forward to planning more time before school starts. 

Some more time at the beach. 


Even a baseball game. 


As I drive east today, to take Deegan home, we'll play 'try to find me'.  A great car game where you pick a house, his or mine, and a floor, or room, or closet to hide.  Someone has to guess where you are. It will pass some time, making the long drive fun...until next time.

Share your summer fun things!
Do you do last minute outings? 




2 comments:

  1. What fun! That's awesome that you've gotten to spend time with your nephew! :-)

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo