blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Thursday, October 17, 2013

The book that started my blog world!

I've been asked many times why I started blogging.  There are many reasons, my website became annoyingly tiresome, the website was too time consuming, blogging looked much easier (I beg to differ now), and on and on.  Blogging seemed so easy, as I was reading this book:

LIFE FROM SCRATCH:by Melissa Ford

I read this book in just a couple of days!  On the treadmill, on the patio, in bed, until I was finished.  Then, I wanted more.  So Melissa gave me more.  Yes, we are on a first-name basis.  I promised her (back when), that I was posting it on my blog.  When I was getting my blog going. So, many months later, here I am!  I've given Melissa fair warning, that her stock will be disappearing, so get buying.  Seriously, it's so good!  
Okay, in short: 
There's this girl, Rachel.  Her life is as messy as her kitchen.  She's newly divorced, her heart broken, living in a NY apartment.  She doesn't know how to cook, not even the simplest of meals for herself.  So, she starts with an egg.  A Spaniard lover. Then she becomes a "blogger" (this is where I come in :) like a celebrity blogger, but not really, but really close, so...

The rest you have to find out for yourself.  It's a great read.  Read it.  Melissa will thank me.  Yes, this is one of the main reasons I decided to blog rather than continue with my website.  I mean if Rachel can, I can, right?  "Why not?", I thought.
The best part???  Melissa wrote a sequel for me! I couldn't believe it. Yay!  
MEASURE OF LOVE: by Melissa Ford (yes, you know this already)
I'm reading it.  In between blogging.  Now blogging is interrupting my reading.  I think I'll walk the treadmill for a few hours tomorrow, just to finish this one.  Can't wait to see how it ends.  Maybe my friend Melissa, will do a threequel for me :)
_____________________________________


__________________________________________________________________________
TOPIC: Time for Throw-back Thursday! I'm raiding my archives and re-posting something I want you to read!
ALL IN A WEEK
I like this post.  It shares a lot of what I had going on in a week.  
Mostly my nephew.  I like spending time with him. 
There are a lot of posts I'd like you to read, again, comment on.
There just isn't enough room here for ALL my posts! :) 
Enjoy. 
signature

4 comments:

  1. Umm... Wendy. I just found another link between us. Melissa Ford is my first cousin. Her father was big brother to my father, before my father died. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shut the front door!!!! Wow, what a small world! No wonder you are so talented. It runs in the family!
      I am honored even more, that you are a relation. How cool am I?? Haha not really, you are the cool one. And Melissa, of course. I think she's awesome. Love reading all her writings.

      Thanks for this, Tamara! You've made my morning xox :)

      Delete
  2. I swear I'm not stalking my cousin. This is the second time this week that I've left a comment right beneath her comment.

    See Wendy, all you have to do is ask and you get a sequel. There's even the final third book in the series coming out in 2014. For you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! Haha, thanks so much for checking out my blog, so wonderful to have you here. Finally, as promised, I did it! You, and Rachel ;-) were a big inspiration for me here. Thank you for 'my' final :( third book, (YAY!) I am very much looking forward to it!
      Cheers!

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo