Welcome to Week 11 of #AskAwayFriday!!
Please meet our wonderful co-hosts for the month of October!
Please meet our wonderful co-hosts for the month of October!
These ladies have been wonderful additions to #AskAwayFriday and always have great posts that everyone enjoys to read!
Also, make sure you stop by and grab our brand new #AskAwayFriday button...

Without further adieu let's kick off Week 11 of #AskAwayFriday!!!
1. Do you collect anything? Wow, I had to think on this and I guess the answer is 'no'. Unless I say, corks, from wine bottles.
If so, what and for how long have you been a collector? It's only been for the last few years. I'm thinking I'll make something out of them some day? Like a hot plate, haha, or fill one of these metal letters I've seen.
3. If there was one major appliance in your kitchen that you had to live without what would it be (i.e oven, refrigerator...)? My microwave. I only use it to heat up left over coffee, mainly. I'd rather reheat leftover food on the stove. Keeps it tasting fresh, for me.
4. What's your favorite weekend activity? Being spontaneous! Quality time with just the hubster.
5. If you could donate $1,000,000 to any charity what would it be and why? The American Cancer Society. Too many friends and family passed from this disease.
7. Unless I'm on an island by myself, I think all women save at least one piece of clothing in their closet that they truly love - even if it's completely out of style - what is that piece of clothing for you and how long has it been a part of your wardrobe? My flip flops, of course!
8. I know you are a Real Housewives fan - what character - from any season do you most identify with? Oooooohhh, wow. My hubster tries to play the game, haha,"if you had to be one, who would you be?"...I always say 'no one', hah! I hope I don't 'relate' to any of them, ha! Sorry to make this so boring.
9. What is your favorite book? Right now, "Measure of Love", by Melissa Ford. It is a sequel of "Life From Scratch". (see yesterday's post)
10. Finally, if you had $15 in your pocket what would you spend it on? Starbuck's 'coffee of the day' and a blueberry scone!
Great questions Brittany, thank you so much! To see Brittany's answers to my questions, click here!



















I don't collect wine corks but I have the cork from our wedding reception dinner in Vegas that all our guests signed (there were only 8)! I completely agree with your marriage advice and I could do without a microwave too but it's so convenient for heating up H's hot dogs haha
ReplyDeleteI like your corks better than mine! Haha. I have a wire boot filled with them and a giant martini glass filled (hidden in a cabinet). Makes sense, right?
DeleteMy micro was my staple when my son was little.
Corks are a great collection! I've seen a lot of fun things that you can make with them. :) For me My first CD that was purchased FOR me was TLC!! haha and the first I bought was Sublime. Ohhhh I love my eclectic music tastes ;). Great questions and answers! :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can give me some ideas to use them on!
DeleteEclectic keeps everything interesting :)
Thanks for coming by!
I've seen cork collections before but the person wasn't really 'collecting' them...their interior designer bought them to complete the 'look' of the room. I dunno. When they told me that I felt so betrayed...LOL
ReplyDeleteGreat questions and answers...
Absolutely! I don't drink a lot, so these babies took me a few years. (I even take them from restaurants.) Of course if a martini came with a cork, I'd have a house full! ;-)
DeleteOoooh there are so many cute cork projects on Pinterest!! I like the letter idea :) I love my flip flops too. I count down the days until flip flop weather each year.
ReplyDeleteI actually went to Pinterest to see some, and there really are a lot of ideas! I will have to pick something and do it for a future post! Oh I wear my flip flops as much as possible until the first snow!
Delete-I don't collect anything, but I have thought about collecting corks! So many cute projects you can do with them!
ReplyDelete-I LOVE Flip Flops. I wear them all the time...even when it starts getting cool.
We should all collect corks, and make a huge statue! haha..
DeleteYup, cold or not, flops are my daily staple.
I collect corks too, I actually stole some from my neighbors recycling bin a few weeks ago haha!!! Memo boards are easy to make from them! Or coasters!
ReplyDeleteHahaha, that's a great story! The memo boards to look pretty cool. I like the initial letters with some bling, and also the WINE word, (that's a lot of corks). I'll think of something!
DeleteAnd as for the housewives, i too am a huge fan and get asked that same question. My answer is always none of them. I don't actually "like" anyone of them but I love the shows !
ReplyDeleteSame, very entertaining! They make me realize how sane I am! If you go back and see some of their early face photos, the work they've had done at such young ages, is quite sad! The shows are great for a laugh! Hubster is addicted with me.
DeleteCork collecting is cool! It shows a life well lived. And the references to Melissa Ford keep making my day. I actually hung out with our Aunt all day today. And I wish I could give a lot of money to the American Cancer Society. It's sad how much we have seen of this in our lives, and how much more we will see. No one is untouched.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, not one of us is untouched. Sad.
DeleteI can't wait for Melissa to read we are blogging buds!
I love Pumpkin Spice candles too!! My aunt gifted me once and I've since asked her to send me some every year during -ber months :)
ReplyDeleteLucky you, I have to gift myself. 😏 Gives me reason to shop!
DeleteThanks for visiting!
I'm with you re: the flip flops! I have some that I really should dump but can't seem to relinquish them. And kudos to you re: donating to help fight cancer.
ReplyDeleteOh no girl, keep the flops. They can always be used around the yard, or as slippers in the house. hahaha!
DeleteI am with you on the Starbucks :-) I have really enjoyed participating in #AAF and getting to meet so many bloggers! Thank you for co-hosting and visiting me Wendy!
ReplyDeleteOf course I did another comment rather than the reply! Duh
DeleteThanks Jodi! I'm having a great time with the #AAF also. Thank you for visiting me!
ReplyDelete