Wish me luck!
And now, I move on to day #2 of The October Daily!!
_______________________________________________________________________________
Topic: Get a certain for favorite lyric/s from your favorite song, tell how it inspires or describes me
My song choice is Paradise, by Bruce Springsteen. I chose this song because it reminds me of my sweet father, my daddy. He passed away in 2003. Too early. Too young.
While he was living with me in his last few months, me with my son, watched my father out on the patio with both hands in the air, headsets on, listening to Paradise. We could hear him singing and humming. It was beautiful music to my ears, just hearing him so peaceful and content. He was going through a lot of health issues. He was wearing a concert t-shirt I had bought him at the recent Bruce concert I went to. My dad loved music, maybe that's why I find so much meaning in lyrics.
Where the river runs to black
I take the schoolbooks from your pack
Plastics, wire and your kiss
The breath of eternity on your lips
I take the schoolbooks from your pack
Plastics, wire and your kiss
The breath of eternity on your lips
When I hear this verse, I dream of my dad thinking of a young girl from grade-school that he may have adored. It leaves sweet memories for me, even if only in my own story.
I reach and feel your hair
Your smell lingers in the air
I brush your cheek with my fingertips
My dad would always play with my hair, tell me how pretty it was. He would hold my cheek in his hand, and just smile his huge grin. Or tell me how proud he was of me.
I sink 'neath the river cool and clear
Drifting down I disappear
I see you on the other side
I search for the peace in your eyes
But they're as empty as paradise
They're as empty as paradise
We also used to sit and listen to Mary Poppins on dad's old stereo console. Similar to this:
THAT, was the best. He would put his huge headset on me, so I could hear it. His grin, was priceless.















Aww! Looks like I follow a few blogs who are participating in this challenge. So sorry to hear about your Dad. Sounds like you have really great memories of him though xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou should join, you can anytime!
ReplyDeleteYes, nice memories. My Dad was a good man. Thanks xo :)
Your room idea is totally cute! Your story about your Dad was so sweet, I'm sorry you lost him early.
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephanie, xo
DeleteI hope the room looks as nice as the 'wishes', when complete!