blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Thursday, October 24, 2013

#AskAwayFriday#12, With a SPIN!


Welcome to Week 12 of #AskAwayFriday!! 

This week I'm putting a SPIN on #AAF!  I almost had to forego being a part of this weeks #AskAway.  It's been a busy week, and we were on the road all day today.  As we were driving I thought, how can I not be a part of the #AAF, when I am actually a Co-Host?  That wouldn't look good for my peeps!

Sooooo, since I didn't get a partner from the link-up, or find another blogger, I've relied on my hubster to be my question swapping partner.  I had him give me the 10-questions first, haha interesting ones at that.  Then, I SPUN it around, and asked him the same exact questions.  This could start a whole new link-up for me to start! Let me get on with this!


Please meet our wonderful co-hosts for the month of October!


3pinkhrtsFALL

The Patchwork Paisley

These ladies have been wonderful additions to #AskAwayFriday and always have great posts that everyone enjoys to read! 

Also, make sure you stop by and grab our brand new #AskAwayFriday button...

The Real Housewife of Caroline County

Without further adieu let's kick off Week 12 of #AskAwayFriday!!!

From my husband to me:
1. What did you want to be when you grew?  Early on I wanted to be a model, or an Airline Stewardess. That sure did get put by the way side, ha! 
2. What is your favorite movie of all time? I have to say, Terms of Endearment.  Love it.   
3. In fashion, plaid, polka dot or paisley? Polka dot
4. If you could be reincarnated into an animal, which would you be? An Eagle. To soar in all of natures beauty!  
5. Spring or Fall? Spring.  I love the new flowering and morning warmth of the sun. 
6. If you were forced to lose a limb, hand or foot, which would it be, and why?  Oh brother! You can tell this is a guy asking these questions, right? Geezz, maybe a hand, I guess?  Left preferably  :( 
7. Favorite cereal as a kid? Captain Crunch! 
8. If you had to eat it, would you do cat or dog food?  Really? DRY small bites dog food.  Ugh. 
9. Celine or Cher, in concert? Can I have them do a duet?  I'll say Celine, she needs to catch up with how many times I've seen Cher!
10. You find $10 in an ATM.  Would you return it, or keep it? Definitely return!  I believe in karma! 
11. Give an example of you paying it forward. As a single mom for many years, it was tough.  My old boss would sell scrap parts on the side, and give me a few hundred each time.  Back in the late 80's, early 90's, that was a lot of money.  PAYING IT FORWARD: A neighbor of mine had a little boy.  He was a year or two younger than my son.  She was also a single mom. One Christmas we were talking about the boys and she casually said they had their tree, and they will be baking cookies for the holiday.  She didn't have the extra money to buy him any gifts, and had explained to her son that the holiday wasn't about giving presents.  I can still hear her saying, "It's okay Wendy, I'll make it up to him someday".  Well, I didn't think twice about it.  The next day, 2-days before Santa was to arrive, I played Santa and visited my friend.  We both had 'enough' of what we needed for our boys that Christmas.  We were both very grateful.    

Just so you know, I answered my questions first.  
Then I told him he had to answer the same questions.

The same questions, answered by the hubster:
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? A salesmen, as I am today. Always knew that when I was a kid, because I was always told I could sell. One experience was selling black-berry preserves door-to-door.  My mom would make, and I sold them. 
2. What is your favorite movie? Apocalypse Now
3. In fashion, plaid, polka dot or paisley?  Plaid
4. If you could be reincarnated into an animal, which would you be? A hawk.  I always thought that would be cool. To dive bomb. 
5. Spring or Fall?  Spring. I like the rebirth of leaves and everything anew. 
6. If you were forced to lose a limb, hand or foot, which would it be? Hand. I need both feet to run. 
7. Favorite cereal as a kid? Captain Crunch. 
8. If you had to eat it, would you do cat or dog food? Dog 
9. Celine or Cher, in concert?  Celine
10. You find $10 in an ATM.  Would you return it, or keep it? Return it. Karma. 
11. Give an example of you paying it forward.  Can't say I have, but I am inspired to do so when the right situation presents itself. 

There you have 'em!


TOPIC: Tell us about the place where you grew up.  Don't forget to include a couple of photos!

 I grew up in a small town named, Lambertville. A town in NJ, just across a bridge from PA.  A town of close neighbors, where everyone knew everyone.  A play ground, that almost everyone in town went to when there was an event going on.  Parades on holidays.  Santa in the fire truck. Halloween parade and contest, when I actually won a prize, a free hair-do.  That didn't turn out good! The Treat soda truck delivering a case of my dad's favorites, cream, orange, root-beer. Charles Chips delivery of large tins of potato chips.  (A woman named "Effie" actually started this in Lancaster PA, back in 1942.) A town with a 5 & Dime store, still there, but nothing for 5 or 10-cents.  So many warm memories.  Running down the street in the warm rain.  Playing 1-2-3 Red light, with the neighbors.  Riding bikes with all your friends. Jumping rope with boys and girls.  It still is a small town.  With a big personality.  Many of the buildings are stores, antiques and arts.  Many tourists flock the town on warm weekends, staying at bed & breakfasts.  The coffee shops, BYOB restaurants on the small side streets, or tucked away on old stone streets.  Small wooden bridges, old rail road station as a restaurant.  A canal to walk, run or ride bikes that goes for miles into the next 3-4 towns. 

I love going to Lambertville, even today.  The warm memories in my heart, come alive as I walk the streets. Pass by my old family home, my grandmothers home, friends old homes. Reliving the happy memories for me. Sometimes I drive slowly through the town, revisiting happy moments, places I sat with my father, walked with my grandmother. At times seeing old neighbors, or seeing familiar faces.  

This is a great topic for me today. We sometimes forget what we have in our home towns. Forget what we have to be grateful for. This topic has rekindled my love for Lambertville. It's beautiful in the Fall months. So thank you Mary, for adding this topic, special for me, I will be visiting Lambertville this weekend. Visiting again for Halloween, the amazing town as everyone comes together with superb decorating, to take my nephew with his little sissy, trick-or-treating again this year.  

Lambertville, NJ

The many cross bridges, view from New Hope PA to Lambertville NJ
The City Hall
The bridge between NJ and PA
Antiques Stores, Friday night fireworks, every Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day,
Baptist Church where I grew up!



16 comments:

  1. I wanted to be an airline stewardess too but funny thing now is I hate flying LOL so that wouldn't have worked. I just answered the season question and spring is definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, too funny! I've grown to hate flying the past 5 years or so. I like to be a home-body now and do short road trips. Is Spring here yet?? :)

      Delete
  2. I love this idea!!! I would definitely participate if you started it as a link up. Great answers and very similar to each other's! No wonder you two are together. I love your hometown piece BTW. Lambertville has always intrigued me. I'll have to pick your brain for some recommendations of good restaurants to go to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg, I'm really considering it, I've come up with a few button ideas. I'll keep you posted for sure! (Maybe you could be my partner in crime!) I'd love to share anything Lambertville with you!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely town! I definitely envy the friday night fireworks! Wow! Why can't we have that here? Lol And the cross bridges!! :) I also took part in the Ask away friday. I saw it first on your blog about a couple of weeks ago but didnt join until I got invited. Haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fireworks are grand! No skimping on them, at all. Maybe some day you can visit Lambertville, you never know :) I will head over to check out your #AAF! So glad you participated.

      Delete
  4. I love that you were so resourceful with no partner this week! I love the idea! You are a cute couple!! Thank you for being apart of AAF every week and thank you for co-hosting for October...we've all enjoyed you being apart of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny! Thank you so much for having me as a co-host. I had a great time! Looking forward to joining in as much as possible!

      Delete
  5. Love the spin on this! You & your hubby are so cute together. And I love that he wants to "dive bomb". Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Amber! Typical male response, don't you think?!?

      Delete
  6. I love that you swapped with your hubby! :) Your pay it forward story made me tear up. I can't imagine how much that meant to your neighbor. Being a single mom I completely understand the place she was in and you helping was a very touching story. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Michelle. It can be tough being a single mom. We all could use a kind heart, to pay it forward. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  7. Great swap! I love that your hubby participated! great job!
    Oh and I wanted to be a flight attendant for a long time too! I can't watch Terms of Endearment... it is excellent but that movie makes me cry for days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi! Funny how that job idea was desired so much.
      Yes, the movie is sad, I just the how wonderful it was written and acted out with such great actors.

      Delete
  8. I LOL-ed at your AAF post this week! So resourceful! Glad your husband was up for the challenge. And goodness you have such a beautiful hometown!
    My apologies for the delayed AAF visit! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never, right! Glad you enjoyed our little 'spin'.
      Lambertville definitely is awesome, thanks!

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo