This soup is absolutely delicious! If you like cold soups, this is the one. I know the cooler weather is here this week (
on the East Coast anyway), but it's great as a little side-sipper with a meal, anytime. Talk about refreshing and tasty. Everyone tried it, and they liked it. Even Mikey! Ok no, we don't have a Mikey, but we do have a Joey. He loved it.
Do you even remember that commercial?
This soup can be made with chicken stock, or filtered water for a RAW soup. I used part filtered water and my RAW vegetable stock (
which I'll post one of these days). Yum! Perfecto.
Ingredients: red onion, cucumber, fresh or frozen mango, lime juice, (no lemon juice, that was there from a smoothie, ha! Why yes, I multi-task.), cilantro, sea salt, filtered water, chicken/or veggie stock.
It's a very simple recipe you can find here.
If you don't know about the Blender Babes, you do now! Check out the great recipes. Follow them on twitter for daily, all day updates! Go ahead, be a Blender Babe, I am!
Enjoy!
TOPIC:
If you could hang out with a celebrity for one day, who would it be? Why? What would you do?
CHER. Hands down. She's a celebrity, an actress, a singer. L-O-V-E her!
WHY? Because she's cool. I pretended to be her when I was little, wearing long hair pieces (my mother was a hair dresser), and beach towels as hair! Yes, I really did that. I loved watching the Sonny & Cher show. V-A-M-P, vamp! Awesome, that was me on the piano, pretending of course, to be Cher.
WHERE? Her Malibu home. It sits all by itself on a magical 'cliff', over looking the water and beaches. Yes, I was there. I saw, I drooled, I wanted to go knock on her door. Cher, if you are reading this right now, please invite me over. What are my chances of that!?! Actually, we have friends that live near her (as well as the Allstate guy), and they know someone that knows her. Maybe I can get an 'in'.
If any of you know her, please have her call me.
CHER.
I honestly don't know if I've ever (purposely) had cold soup before. I may have to try this recipe. :-)
ReplyDeletePlease do, you will love it. If you like mango and cucumbers. ;-)
ReplyDeleteLove it!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!
Delete