blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Zucchini Butter!

More than a week ago, I mentioned I would share the Zucchini Butter I made. It was delicious!  I enjoyed it on one of my portobello burgers, double yum!


This dish is made with simple ingredients:
2-lbs of zucchini 
1/4 of butter or olive oil 
2-minced shallots or garlic, or combination of both (I did both)

Coarsely grate the zucchini. Let it drain in a colander for 3 to 4 minutes or until you are ready to begin cooking. To hasten cooking time, squeeze the water out of the zucchini by wringing it in a clean cloth towel.


In a deep skillet, heat the olive oil/butter. Sauté the shallots or garlic briefly. Add the zucchini and toss. Cook and stir over medium to medium-high heat until the zucchini reaches a spreadable consistency, about 15 minutes. If you scorch the bottom, turn the flame down! (And scrape those delicious bits into the butter for added flavor -- you can splash in a little water to help deglaze the pan.) The zucchini will hold its bright green color and slowly caramelize into a nice vegetable jam.

Enjoy on toast, or as a side dish. I've done both, plus as a topping for my portobello burgers.  Fantastic! 


I found this original recipe by Jennie Cook

What yummy recipes are you finding this summer? 
signature

4 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds really, really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! You can use it for so much. Grill it in a sandwich with other veggies. Or in a wrap!

      Delete
  2. Wow I love zucchini and so does my husband - this looks like a must try!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo