blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Friday, August 30, 2013

Fun or Freaky?

Fun or Freaky Facts Friday!  Yes, I'm doing it.
I stumbled upon a site and thought I'd give you a hoot of a laugh for your Friday.  Set you off good for the holiday weekend.  Oh, I picked some winners.  The ones I've never heard of anyway.
So here goes...


A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top. I know many of you will try this.  

You can tell the sex of a horse by its teeth. Most males have 40, females have 36. Hhmmm, I thought we could tell this without having to get that close.

Every person has a unique tongue print as well as fingerprints. I'm not going there.

Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.  Ew.  

Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower' because in the time when all original print had to be set in individual letters, the 'upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters. That says a lot. It's a pun.  Get it? 

On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.  Sayyy WHAT? Check your kids!

Susan Lucci is the daughter of Philly Diller.  Wow, I had to check that out to believe it, but there is no truth to it.  At all.  Most of you probably don't know who they even are!  Ok, maybe Susan. My old boss lived near Susan, he said she was the sweetest person.  

Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin! Take more showers and exfoliate daily!

The placement of a donkey’s eyes in its’ heads enables it to see all four feet at all times! Huh? Why?

Queen Elizabeth I regarded herself as a paragon of cleanliness. She declared that she bathed once every three months, whether she needed it or not. OOOooooo-k. That's nasty.

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death! I want to know who took the head off an innocent cockroach to see how long it would live?  

Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people. My husband is right handed when he writes.  Left handed when he plays tennis.  Right handed when he plays ping-pong.  He throws left handed.  Golfs right handed. He's a left handed batter.  I can't EVEN begin to figure out those odds!  

Women blink nearly twice as much as men. Uhh, actually we eye-roll, and always at men.  

The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long or write approximately 50,000 English words. I'm going to make our kid prove that with homework ;-)

What is called a "French kiss" in the English speaking world is known as an "English kiss" in France.  How 'bout that.  


What comes off fun or freaky to you?
Do you know any fun-freaky facts?

Have a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend peeps!  
signature
Source of 'facts' by Laughter Hell. They've asked to be quoted if anyone used the info on their site.  Heck, I'm not taking credit for that, it's all you dude! 

2 comments:

  1. Haha. These are great facts! Thanks for sharing them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susannah! Thanks for stopping by!
      Hope all is well with you.

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo