blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Birthday, 30?

Happy Birthday to Ryan!

That would be my son, turning '30' today...my baby! (I'm freaking out here!) Well, he wouldn't be happy to hear me say that, being 30 and all, but he will always be my baby...and he definitely was a cute baby!


My post is very late today, but for good reason. Tomorrow will be more birthday celebration! (No WWL this week.) Lots of celebrating with my son's birthday today 8/13, and mine tomorrow. We have a family birthday nearly every day in a row this week. Crazy!
Love, love, love these pictures. How adorable is he!?! 

To be honest, Ryan wasn't planned, but he was wanted, and loved, loved, loved.  I always thought I would want a boy first :) He was my first, and my only.  There have been some trials and tribulations throughout the years, but we leaned on each other and stayed strong.  We are, each others hero.

Ryan and I were less than 2-hours apart in our birthdays, but our relationship is as close as those 120-minutes. We definitely skipped a beat here and there, as typical parent/child relations do, we are far from perfect, but I believe we know each other, better than anyone knows us.  We have a great relationship that many would wish they had with their own children. I'm so thankful! 
Ryan will always ask what I want for a gift on any given holiday, and now my birthday.  It is always the same answer... All I want is a nice card (of which he thinks is a waste of money) or one of his many letters.  I have letters, and cards :) that Ryan has written me, that I will cherish forever.  I just read some of them the other day, and of course I cried.  I carry two special ones in my wallet all the time.  (But I can't share them, Ryan would not be a happy camper.)

Ryan's 21st birthday, Friday the 13th, 2004

The last big bash birthday we celebrated was his 21st.  Lots of family and friends at our house and out on the town in a little placed called, New Hope.  Turning 21 on Friday the 13th didn't give him any  superstitious thoughts, he thought it was luck! On this special day, with a town called New Hope, for someone turning 21 :)  only a promise for tomorrow.
This, is his celebration today.  Each bag has something that represents him, what he likes.  The "T" bag has something that starts with a "T", and so on, with each bag having a little hint attached to it.  Make him guess a little before opening.  I can' t share the contents because he won't be opening them until later this evening.  Right now he's out with friends.  
This I planted at his door when he arrived home to his place, with a special letter from mama :)

Healthy muffins rather than a cake, he is a health nut too, most of the time  :) THESE, were so delicious!  I do wish I had put some walnuts or pecans in them, yum! We all loved them.  No sugar or eggs, just coconut sugar, raw coconut, brown rice flour, apple sauce (instead of eggs) vanilla, salt, baking powder/soda, coconut oil (rather than butter), soy creamer (rather than heavy cream), with blackberries and raspberries.  Too good.  If you'd like the recipe, let me know.  I'll post it.  


This is the sign I made out of candy bars.  I forget where I saw this, somewhere on FaceBook.  I believe someone made one similar for Father's Day.  I tweaked it and made this little story.  So fun! 

I cried a lot today as I prepped for this surprise.  I cried a lot the past couple of weeks, as his 30th birthday became closer.  I don't understand the full reason why, but I know it's bitter sweet.  I am very proud of my little man, my baby, who has grown into a handsome, loving, respectful gentleman.

So this day, this post, is a celebration to not only my son turning 30, but to celebrate me being his mom.  Or as he calls me, Mama Dukes!  Never a day have I regretted being a mother, a mom.  It has always been fun with Ryan. Even poopie days, I wouldn't trade.  We have had silly laughs, funny conversations, serious talks, arguments, tears and many hugs and I love you's.  He has kept me strong through hard times, and young & healthy to keep up with him and his friends.  I have a lot to be thankful for, of him.

Even tough we are tested daily of our courage, strength, and perseverance, with life in general, in our different worlds that are still very similar, we are still here for each other.  No matter what, we will remain each others hero.

I love you Ryan, with all of my heart <3.  Happy 30th Birthday xo
Love, 
Mama Dukes

2 comments:

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo