blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Friday, August 23, 2013

Drivin' it on home, Part #2!

On the road again!
Goin' places that I've never been...
Seein' things that I may never see again.
And I can't wait to get on the road again!

Final destination, "home".  Yay!

Like I said, I love going away and visiting friends and all that fun stuff, but I always like going back home to my beautiful house and fur-babies!  I am so excited to see them.  Today is a whole week, and my Lucy is going to be soooo happy!  Chew-man is going to be slappin'-happy.  He is so cute, when he gets excited, he walks toward you slapping the floor and the side of his face, too frigging cute.  What a great rescue pup we ended up with. I sure do talk about my pups a lot, don't I ?  Well, get used to it :)

Where did I leave off?  Oh yeah, heading to Savannah.  What a lovely place!  I've been there before but never had the time to explore.  We stayed at a cool contemporary hotel, Andaz Savannah, on Barnard Street.  My hubster knows me well, with the hotel styles I love to stay in, modern-contemporary.  I love the furnishings and colors, I just get excited over it all.


I went way off my RAW wagon this trip.  Well, not too bad once I think about it.  I did have my green smoothies at mom's. Even got her to drink 2-ounces, wish I had that photo! Going out to dinner proved impossible at times.  Ugh, the thought.  Oh heck, what-ev-er-ER!  This was much deserved for a nice evening out. Plus, we walked it off.  



Lemon-drop martini with green fried tomatoes and asparagus.  Yum-meeee! The birds were very interested in our grub!

Then we walked a bit and saw these massive shipping barges.  I loved the cool walk way along the river and the backside of the street. So cool.


We even did a ghost & grave yard tour. Oh yes, we did it.  See the pic with mostly blackness, except for the whiteness in the top right area?  Ghost! BOO!

Then, as we watched someone do some likeness charcoal portraits, which were very likeness-questionable, we met this couple.  Melanie and David, from Atlanta.  So sweet and friendly.  David mentioned several times how friendly we are from up-north, compared to Jersians...hmmmm.  He must have had a bad experience with someone...?  We ended up having a drink and friendly chatter at the Cotton Exchange Tavern, on E River Street.  Oh, Oh, and they were married earlier that day!  How darling is that!!!
From there we headed back to Andaz, but not before stopping at the awesome Savannah's Candy Kitchen and Bryd's Famous Cookies store.  I'm not too keen on all the chocolate and candy but COOKIES (or cupcakes :) will stop me in my tracks!  Go online and buy some.  The scotch oatmeal cookies are 'da bomb!  No kidding.

As we headed out of Savannah bright and early, we didn't look forward to the 11.5 hours of black tar road ahead of us.  We are making our pit-stops and we've run into hard downpours that have slowed our travel.  Things are clear and dry now, less congestion.  I've been typing and stopping, dozed off, and fixing pictures and making collages to post.  So now I have to make this public, for your enjoyment of course :) and entertain the hubster with my singing, or perhaps my complaining of candy crusher!

All in all, it's been a great ride with the hubster.  We had some good quality time together, easy going and relaxing for the most part.  I want to thank my handsome hubster for his patience in driving 2,256 miles up to this point, with a couple hundred yet to go.  I hate driving and apoligized before leaving that I couldn't and wouldn't :) He's a good hubster. After all, it was his idea to drive :)  and what a good choice it was, hubs. 

While 95 is congested once again, what a surprise, and we snail-pace through Fredericksburg, I wish you a nice read here on my blog, and an even more, a lovely dry and sunny weekend ahead!  


Where have you gone on the road travels?
Do you live in any of these places?

Happy Friday blog peeps xo 
signature

2 comments:

  1. Those little pups are TOO CUTE!
    Stopping by from the Let's Be Friends blog hop! New follower!!
    Hope you can visit my blog, too!
    Kallie, But First, Coffee Blog OR But First Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kallie!
      Thanks so much for coming by! I've been stalking your blog for a couple of weeks, and I'm following :)
      You are too cute, and I can't wait to try the Avocado-Cilantro dressing, yum! Thanks for following.

      Wendy

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo