I feel like we've been gone forever-and-a-day. I usually don't like being gone for so long. Although this trip is no exception, it's been fun to travel with the hubster on-the-road. We are both pretty easy going, so it's easy to make decisions and just go-with-it. No pressure. We are having fun.
BUT...!
I miss my fur-babies sooo much! I cannot wait to get home and couch potato with my Lucy-girl and hear Chewbacca lull me to sleep with his loud snoring! Only a furbaby-mamma can appreciate that.
My last post ended with Charlotte, moving on to Ocala, FL. My mother is moving back up north, so we were going to fly down and help her with yard sales and packing and such. We botched that idea when we decided to keep-on-truckin' after dropping the college kid off at WVU.
This is my mom and me.
My mom wants to move back to where her family is, but she's been in FL for a long time and since her husband passed in 2002, she's been alone. Except for the job (now gone), friends she's had, also have moved on or passed. It's sad, to see her so overwhelmed with getting rid of everything she's known for so long and return to her roots with mostly nothing. She moves slow, health has been her enemy in some tough times. My hubster is so patient and kind with her, he makes her laugh-cry through the tough stuff. Cute to watch. So, we packed some things and have brought some home for her, but have decided to let her take her time, since there is no hurry. Let her do things in the time frame she needs, to feel right and good within herself. No hurry.
Unfortunately while there, we had to put down her nearly 16-year old girl, Sasha. The poor girl was walking around like a mechanical-stuffed-pooch. She was sweet as could be, nearly 100% blind and deaf. Fortunately, Sasha told us it was time for her to go. I am so happy we were there to help and say goodbye. We stayed an extra night, to be with my mother.
We stayed at my mother's for four nights. We had decent weather and some time in the pool.
Some down pours as FL often has, daily.
My favorite part was finding some pictures and memories. This is my boy, the just turned 30-year old!
Me and my little-sis', wayyyy back! 1981
Lake Weir, in Belleview. In all these years, I never ventured there. Hubster had a good idea. Look how beautiful! Ocala isn't the most happening place, but to see this surely proves it has beauty.
I just love these trees! The lake was so nice.
I could imagine the family crowds during the weekends.
As we head to Savannah, only a short 13-miles away, I wonder how many blogger peeps I've passed along the way down South, and now back up North.
BTW, the kid we dropped off at college?
We've heard from him, believe it or not. The first night actually, "I love it here" was all he said. Ha. The hubster and I looked at each other and giggled. We're just hoping he loves it enough to study hard and stay the good kid he is, or else! :)
Do you have elderly parents to care for?
What road have you traveled lately?
Are any of my blogger-peeps in my path?





















You look fab and sexy Wendy! Your dog is a cutie, and I'm lovin your sister's freckles! haha
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks Mary! You are so sweet. My 'little' sisters son, now has her light freckles. Too cute!
Delete