Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
I hope you are all enjoying your day.
I'm sure many of us are still relaxing and enjoying family.
(Thank goodness for scheduled postings!)
So here we are with another week of #AAF! For those of you that are unfamiliar with #AskAwayFriday, this is a weekly series created by the lovely RHOCC queen, Ms. Penny AND the fabulous mom Amber, of The Bold Fab Mom! It's a great way to meet new bloggers, make some new local and long distance friends, by getting to know them better with 10-questions. Pick a partner next week and join in! Head over to Penny or Amber for the dirt on the know-how.
My very chic & beautiful partner this week is, Tia of...
Tia's questions, my answers:
1. What's the one beauty secret you think everyone should use? Sunscreen, Sunscreen, Sunscreen. Can't express that enough :)
2. You got married on the Cayman Islands. How did you choose a destination wedding? Good question, haha. We were doing a vacation as a family, and I think we just decided it would be a good time. Wish it was more of a romantic answer for you, haha!
3. What do you think about all of the Jersey reality shows? LOVE - HATE relationship. Of course the only NJ one I watch is RHONJ, (and all the other housewives, but Atlanta is getting on my nerves). I've never gotten into the Jerseylicious or other NJ shows.
4. You grew up vegetarian off and on…How do you become a RAW eater? How "do" I? By eating all raw greens, vegetables and fruits. If you meant, how "did" I? I slowly realized how I was eating and what I was eating. I feel much healthier and clean nowadays.
5. I've seen The Beauty Detox on several talk shows. What's the best tip in that book? It's really one big tip, eat healthy. The book tells you how and why, and it all makes perfect sense. It's definitely personal for each individual.
6. Show us some of your favorite jewelry pieces. A few of my faves.
1. My 50th "fabulous at 50" Tiffany heart. My friend came from Florida to spend time in NY for our 50th's, and I surprised her with a trip to Tiffany's!
2. My eternity wedding band
3. My watch, wedding gift on our cruise from the hubster
4. My go-to necklace with t-shirt & jeans or a dress up!
7. What's one beauty product you absolutely would NOT recommend? I would recommend NOT buying expensive products, because you think they work better. There are products in the CVS, Rite-Aid, etc., that work just as good, if not better, as a jar of $150 Creme De La Mer.
8. I'll be 30 in February. What is one piece of advice you have for me as I leave my twenties? It's just a number, don't think of the number. Ever. Never ever. :)
9. What song makes you want to dance no matter what? No particular one, any song with a loud beat can get me moving around the house when no one is home/watching. (Don't tell anyone.)
10. When was the last time you laughed until you cried? What was so funny? This one stands out; I have a button start/shut-off car, and when my friend and I got out of the car, I heard the fan running. She's trying to convince me it's normal. Somehow I knew it wasn't, I knew my car and the sounds. Well, wouldn't you know I was right. We came out from seeing a 2-hour movie, got into the car, and realized it was STILL RUNNING! We about peed ourselves!
Holiday cheers xo,














I love your destination wedding story. It was the perfect time. And the SAME thing happened to my friend and I. We were laughing for days!!
ReplyDeleteOMG, really? Haha, a great laugh with a harmless brain-fart!
DeleteI enjoyed reading your answers, Wendy! I wish I wouldn't have waited until the last couple of years to start wearing sunscreen and eye cream. And you are so right about the expensive beauty products. They definitely have items that are just as good or if not better, right at the drugstore!
ReplyDeleteJust keep wearing the sunscreen now. Every effort is worth it. Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteLOL your story about the car is hilarious, sounds like something I would do. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sarah! Yes we had a big long laugh-cry (as my hubster calls it). Hope you had a great holiday as well.
DeleteI loved swapping with you! I feel like such a bad blogger buddy because I haven't been able to get on the computer as much with family in town. Your jewelry collection is beautiful. I agree with you about the beauty products. I have found some of the best stuff at Walgreens. My favorite is the Cetaphil cleanser. It has done wonders for my skin. Thanks for the advice for turning 30. I am looking forward to it!
ReplyDeleteEvery blogger needs and takes a break. The holidays are a good time to do it. My son loves Cetaphil, it's a good cleanser. Happy Monday!
DeleteWendy, that is hilarious about your car! My mom had a hybrid and could never tell when it was actually turned on or off! So glad to meet you here.
ReplyDeleteHaha, it is crazy how silent these cars are. Now I'm always triple checking!
DeleteSo nice to meet you!!
Thank you.
Love the wedding destination...ours was cold and rainy, boo! Oh yes, any loud beat with a fast tempo! For me it's just the hubbers that has to be gone, the kids laugh at me when I am rocking out! Hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteThe whole cruise was chilly and wet, but thankfully the islands we went to were warm and sunny!
DeleteDance the week away! xo
Age is just a number, I totally agree! Hah!
ReplyDeletexx,
REAlity Bites
Cheers to that! ox
DeleteI love you spirit and attitude about food/health, age and suncreen! :-) I enjoyed your swap!
DeleteThanks Jodi, appreciate you coming by.
Delete