I've been getting lots of wonderful, ego boosting comments from my blogettes. Thank you to my girls :) With each kind word, it keeps me on top of myself. Remembering more often to wash my face and neck, especially before bed, don't' skimp. Exfoliate. Moisturize. Everyone is asking me what my secret is. How I stay so 'youthful' looking, toot-toot goes my horn! Well, it could be a little bit of the gene-pool, my daily eating habits, bad habits I quit many, many years ago (smoking & sun bathing). Many things factor in.
We all need to appreciate what we have (need to practice what I preach), and take preventative steps as much as we can, no matter our age. Hey, there are days I look into that mirror and say, "What the heck happened last night, who messed me up in my sleep!!?!!" Don't we all have those mirror blahs, and our perfect days? Maybe it's the lighting, maybe how happy or not, we are that day.
How we look, is based on how we feel. Do you believe that? I do.
My products? Hylunia skin care products. It's a natural, vegan product. All the products are 100% free of parabens, phosphates and fragrance, as well as cruelty free. I've been using it for nearly 4-years. Since then, I've never had the urge to switch to anything else.
I am loyal to Hylunia, and Hylunia is loyal to me. (Do I sound like a commercial or what!)
These are my everyday go-to products:
Healing & Restoring Cream I have very dry skin, especially in Winter. Ever since I started using this, my skin is much better. I don't have that dry itch throughout the day. I usually apply at night before bed as well, right before I put the jammies on to watch TV or blog. In the Summer, I apply once daily.
Colloidal Silver Spray is thee best! I spritz it on all day, carrying a little guy in my pocket. It's healing and refreshing. I feel dry a lot, driving, working around the house, etc. Perfect for plane travel.
![]() |
| These are my two big guns I use faithfully! |
Ultimate Anti-Oxidant Treatment OMG peeps! Anti-oxidants, anti-inflammtories! This moisturizers my skin the best. It has improved my skin tone, redness and fine lines. I still have some, but hey, I'm aged like a very extra fine wine!
Beyond Complex C Okay blogettes, this is a must have for all! A little goes a long way, I promise. All these products last me a long time. It really helps with my lip lines, no lie.
This is the ultimate vitamin C serum. This helps with redness due to rosacea also.

Intensive Repair Eye Cream Not everyone believes in eye cream. I didn't really. I believed that we all need a good moisturizer, and it works all over. That's true, I'm not going to try to sell you. The skin around the eye area is sensitive, so I like to give it a bit more of a delicate treatment. This is my personal choice due to it's eight peptide ingredients. There is also a Princess Forumla for dark circles. I've used them both and they've worked great for me.
I'm 52, and I feel pretty good with what I have, and the Skin I'm In.















I need to get on a more "anti-aging" regime for my skin. I notice my forehead has gotten a lot worse..thinking of botox haha JK
ReplyDeleteDuring the day, when you have nothing going on, tape your forehead and it will remind you not to raise your brows! Haha. Botox relaxes those muscle so they can't move and create permanent creases, so practice! :)
DeleteI've been waiting for this post! Definitely going to check these products out. I have spent (wasted) so much time and money on products and still haven't found the one. I'm not quite ready or brave enough for Botox :)
ReplyDeleteI hear you on that girl, I have wasted so much. Ever since I started this I've never turned to anything else. Let me know if you want try a sample of anything.
DeleteAha! It all makes sense now. That and that you have some great genes, with your great products.
ReplyDeleteHaha, sweet girl. xo
DeletePS- I'm still thinking of your family photos you posted and now much all the ladies look alike! Love it.
I can attest firsthand to Wendy's beautiful skin (and personality!) I struggle with rosacea as well, so I appreciate anything that will help with that. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks Robin. I'll give you something to try.
DeleteThanks for stopping in, neighbor! xo
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWendy, you look so beautiful in that picture! I cant believe you are 50! I know you are very much into your skincare and healthy eating which I love! No wonder you have such wonderful skin. :) I have home remedies that I am into and they work well since I don't have acne like I used to or constant breakouts. My skin has actually been very clear for a long time. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Brittnei. Even though I didn't filter the photo, I think the lighting was kind to me, haha. I have fine lines, but not excessive. If I hadn't stopped smoking (many,many years) ago, and keep my face out of the sun as much as possible, I'd have many deeper wrinkles and lines, at 52! I'm glad your home remedies are working for you, they can be the best ones!
DeleteAaaahh so pretty! :)) This is what weve been waiting for! I don't use too many skin products - just the facial wash or sometimes a body soap to wash my skin. Exfoliate and moisturize - I should keep that in mind. :) I better invest in some skin care products and living healthy! Thank you for the tips Wendy! :))
ReplyDeleteHi Mary!
DeleteYou don't have to use a lot to get results or protection. Mild cleansers and exfoliants are perfect. I'll share more about that next week!
Have a great weekend!
I have a mix skin or how you describe it:) Thinks it's hard to know what product to use. You don't look like you are 50 years old:)
ReplyDeleteYou have combination skin, when the T-zone is usually oily. You may have to use two different products, while using a light products to absorb the oils in the T-zone area. Use a gentle cleanser and products without fragrances and alcohols. Email me if you'd like to discuss more.
DeleteThanks for coming by!
I have always thought about using hylunia but was afraid to make the investment. My skin is insanely sensitive and I have been using cerave for over a year without an issue. I am really interested in trying this out since you look so great!! I don't drink, smoke or sunbathe (anymore) but after years of doing so and having naturally dry skin...oy!! I am aging faster than I care to admit!
ReplyDeleteHi Anneliese!
DeleteIf your products are working for you, there is no reason to change. If you think you'd like to try a small travel kit, let me know. You would get a sufficient amount of uses out of it, to determine if it works for you as you'd like. You can email me effiegirl@comcast.net