blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Monday, November 25, 2013

You Are My Sunshine...

"You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are gray, you'll never know dear, how much I love you, please don't take, my sunshine, away!" 


This is what my sister sings to her baby girl, so sweet.  Today I am sharing with you a gift I have made for my sister.  A sign made for her daughter's room.  I am so excited to have made this for my lil'sis.  It is my first very first attempt at one, and I think it came out pretty good.

Let me know what you think!

I collected all my materials.
Started painting sections.  The base light purple, and sections
of yellow for the 'sunshine'.  I had measured all the lines for my 1" and 2" letters.  

Painting and sticking on letters. As I went along,
I realized that I hadn't really done a great job with spacing for
each character.  I would place a word, move it more to the left or right, 
up or down, just a hair.  Although tedious work, still fun for the final project.  

I put dark purple on top, called Pacific Iris.  The canvas took 3-coats.  
With all the layers, I was afraid peeling the letters would be difficult.
It actually worked out fine. I even had help from a bored college kid :)  

Ta-Dah!
I am very happy with my finished project!  I wasn't sure about all the mixed up, angled letters, but I do like the final result once the letters were off, and I did minor touch ups. 
It will look perfect in 'our' little girls room :) 


I think she'll like it :)

signature

8 comments:

  1. Wendy, this is so thoughtful of you. I think it's adorable! I think your niece will cherish it even as she gets older. It will be so sweet if she keeps it for her child one day! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be cool? Hope I'm around to see that happen, hahah!

      Thanks Brittnei xo

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful girl. Of course she'll like it! It's wonderful. I used to sing this song to my childhood dog nightly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara, awww, I can just imagine you doing that. So cute.
      xo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey Susannah, thank you!
      Have a great Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  4. Wow! That is really cute, I'm inspired to try it. I just need to figure out what I want the canvas to say. I want to be more crafty and this looks easy enough for me to tackle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! It is an easy project, just takes time.
      Post your pics!

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo