blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Thursday, November 21, 2013

#AskAwayFriday, #16!

Our favorite time of the week, where we get to learn more about each other. Thanks to Amber at The Bold Fab Mom, and Penny at RHOCC for creating this series, we get to make new friends and keep up with our current ones.  Thank you ladies, as always XO

The Real Housewife of Caroline County

"I" am lucky enough to share my #AAF this week, with the lovely Ms. Beth from Structure in and Unstructured Life, finding calm amongst the chaos (sounds like my life story in two words, unstructured & chaos). What can I say :) 
This, is the lovely Beth~


Please remember to go over to Beth's blog and see her answers to my questions.

And here, are her fun questions for me.
  
1. You have kids that are no longer little ones. What's your favorite and least favorite things about the ages your kids are now? That they have their own lives! Haha, not enough family time.

2. I see you practice RAW eating. What's one food you can't resist straying from your healthy habits for? Twizzlers! Or Fritos.  

3. Your Christmas tree - real or artificial? Artificial.  I'll have a real one again some day, when I have a smaller tree.  Love the pine aroma.  

4. Since it's Ask Away Friday, what does a typical Friday in your life look like? DIY day! It's time to stray away from the stress of what I'm posting next, staying up until 1:00-2:00am. Getting projects done, for my blog or around the house. 

5. You get to plan the perfect day - what does it include? A morning massage and facial (I need them too), an afternoon w

6. Are you a Black Friday shopper? NO!  Yuck, phewy, uh-uh, no-way-jose!  On-line for me, always.

7. What's your favorite Christmas tradition from childhood? Sitting at the top of the stairway waiting for my dad to come back home with my Grammy.  I remember the excitement.  Not that I have that now of course.  A tradition I started with my son, is at midnight we open our gifts, stay up later and sleep in. Then have breakfast for brunch! 

8. You've written about skin care on your blog. I have to confess - I'm terrible about taking care of mine! What skin care tips can you offer for a pressed-for-time and too-tired-at-night mama? :) In the morning, everyday of the year, SUNSCREEN! If nothing else, sunscreen.  In the evening, cleanse and moisturize for your type of skin.
  
9. If you had to pick one cause you are most passionate about, what would it be? Being a voice for helpless animals.  It breaks my heart to see sweet animals sad or abused or discarded.  They need a voice.  

10. I write about finding calm amidst the chaos of life. What's your best advice for centering yourself when life gets crazy? Wow, I may be the last person to ask this advice of, due to my past few weeks, haha!  I would have to say, to take a step back and focus.  We can all get a little nuts-O when thing get out of our control, don't burn your bridge with 'yourself'. 

That was fun, right?  Now click here, to see Beth's answers to my questions!  Show her some love, xo

This is also your chance to meet some new blogettes, and join our link-up every Friday.  Grab a partner and do-si-do! 

signature

30 comments:

  1. I love Twizzlers! We have an artificial tree but next year we will probably do a real one...I love the fullness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fullness too. I like a tall skinny one for another room, just for the lighting and decorations. Can't have enough.

      Delete
  2. My Fridays are a lot like yours! I tell my husband that is my off day...I take care of the little one but other than that I stress about NOTHING!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a stress-free day and get to eat-out, or -take-out for dinner!
      Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  3. Sunscreen - I will seriously take any skin advice from you! I'm not as great about it as I should be because I don't get a lot of sun, but I probably get a lot more than I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely get a lot more than you think! In your car is a lot of it, in/out of the house, stores, etc. Sunscreen is definitely a must, always!

      Delete
  4. We have a similar Christmas tradition over here. We stay up really late on the eve and wait for 12midnight, then we give thanks for all the blessings and have noche buena. It has always been like that since I was a kid and we kept the tradition now that I have kids of my own. We open gifts at midnight too! The kids do that before we eat. :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice to do something out of the norm!?! Awesome tradition you have.
      You have a great weekend as well.
      :)

      Delete
  5. Great answers, Wendy!
    My husband cannot walk by a bag of Twizzlers! Always end up in the cart! Haha! And now I at least feel like I'm doing something right, skin care-wise. I always put sunscreen on every morning. Whew - I won't look as bad as I thought in another decade! Haha! Great cause, as well. All our pets are rescue ones - our cats are from an unexpected litter of barn kittens at my friend's farm and our puppy is from the humane society. Just can't imagine getting a "bred" animal when there are so many needing homes! And I love your line about not burning a bridge with yourself! I'm definitely going to remember that!
    Thanks so much for partnering up with me, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Twizzlers, haha!
      Good girl, sunscreen will help and will make a difference in the long run.
      I'll never 'buy' another dog again. Although it breaks my heart knowing that those poor store pups are coming from sad mommies locked up. Sad, sad. So much fun partnering with you, thanks so much, Beth xo

      Delete
  6. I need a facial ... how about you come to Arizona and give me one?? That would be perfect :) LOL ... and I love me some Fritos. My mom would always get them when we were kids and we couldn't eat them because they were hers. Now I get to buy them but I share with Reagan!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    http://raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I need a vacation and I'd be happy to come to Arizona. I have a few friends there I can visit. Have Facia, will travel :) I'm so happy I am not the only one who doesn't want to share my Fritos! I've learned to share, since going RAW.

      Delete
  7. I find that the weekend is more stressful for me because everyone is home. During the week, it is just me and my youngest son. I can easily distract him long enough to get some work done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that stinks, but I get it. It is nicer when no one is around when you have things to do.
      I hope things are more relaxing for you this weekend :)

      Delete
  8. Happy #AskAwayFriday! I totally agree with you about Black Friday...it is not the place for me! I despise crowds and i just can't see myself poushing and shoving my way through a crowd to save a few bucks especially when I have the internet! LOL Online shopping for me! Hubby does wanna go this year but I'm not sure I'm in or not... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy #AAF, to you! I just don't think all the sales are that great, unless you are first in line and really need to buy something specific. I don't need a 72" TV, haha. Some of the sale are great, but still not worth me standing in line.
      On line before, during and after. With a glass of wine. :)

      Delete
  9. Sunscreen! Who would have thought! I don't have any skincare routine, but I think I'll start with this !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great plan! 15-30 SPF is good enough.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  10. Sunscreen and shopping online for Black Friday is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Wendy! Oh a massage sounds lovely...I dream of one daily! LOL! Definitely have to agree with you on the Black Friday thing, I have no desire to leave my house on that day...I do all that I can online, too. Hope that you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking of a massage this weekend, but I never get around to calling. I have a gift card to use, so I'm going soon. Hope your weekend is lovely.

      Delete
  12. I love our artificial tree but I have fluffing it LOL! I've never been a black Friday shopping but there are a few toys at walmart I may sneak out to get Thursday night, we will see how ambitious I feel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, the worst part is having to separate the branches! I loathe that part of the artificial tree as well. The good thing is you can keep it up as long as you want, and not worry about watering and needles. Good luck shopping!

      Delete
  13. Cleanse and moisturize! At least I know I'm doing something good for my skin, haha! Thank you!! Friday is always a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't go wrong there. Getting on the pollutins off your skin each morning/evening.
      Happy Sunday!

      Delete
  14. People don't realize just how important sunscreen is!! Even if you're not "laying out" you still need it on that face! :-)

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo