blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The skin your in, naturally!

Did you know you may very well have all the skin care products you need, right at your fingertips, in your kitchen or pantry? Try these natural ingredients and their benefits to your skin. 

The cucumber is soothing as an eye pad for puffiness, and healing as a mask. I've used it, it works. 

The papaya is exfoliating, containing enzymes.  I use papaya mask once a week.  It's a popular peel.

  
The egg, be sure it's organic :) but the whites are good for toning and tightening. Yes, I've tried this.  Your skin does feel great afterward.  I just wish I was relaxing as someone else brushed it on.  Ahhh.

Potatoes are excellent for oily skin.  They also reduce puffiness around the eyes.  So if your out of cucumbers… :) You can process them to a paste or thin slices and press to your face. 

Yogurt is an excellent mild, cleansing astringent. I know people who have used this, and they love it! 

Honey is very hydrating to the skin, toning and tightening.  Mix this with the next ingredient for a great moisturizing mask! 

Oatmeal is used on the face and body as a mask.  It's soothing on skin, great for eczema also! 

Herbs such as teas, chamomile, peppermint are used and mask or compresses.  Very soothing to skin. I've used tea bags on sunburn…works to take the sting out.  Have you ever tried that? 

My favorite smoothie additive, rich in vitamins and oils, for dry/sensitive skin. Whip this baby up into a smooth dip and slap it on! You'll love it!

Leaving each ingredient on 7-12 minutes, and rinsing gently with warm water (not hot), will give your skin the soft glow you've been looking for.  For an extra, mild exfoliation use a soft wash cloth to remove.  Do not scrub, press lightly.  Follow up with your favorite serum, and/or moisturizer.  

Have you used any of these natural ingredients? 
Would love for you to share for other blogettes to read! 

signature

2 comments:

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo