blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Thursday, November 14, 2013

#AskAwayFriday #15

This week I get to have some Q & A fun with a cutie-patootie, Mary Belle!  She's one of my BBF's and I am excited to be partner'd up with her. When you finish with me, don't forget to poke on over to Mary's place, and see her answers to my questions.


For those of you new to #AskAwayFriday, you pick a partner and give each other 10-questions to get to know each other better.  We all bounce around sharing and reading, meeting and greeting!  Join in.

The Real Housewife of Caroline County

Here we go, with Mary's questions to me:
  1. What are you and your husband's favorite pastime/s? We like to go to our beach house, a quick 2-hour getaway.  Or have nice dinners. Home or out, not fancy or expensive, just relaxing.  Take walks in cute small towns, hop over to NY (rarely) for a show.  BJ's Warehouse, Home Depot, haha! 
  2. At what point in your children's life did they make you feel proud the most? I feel proud everyday.  Seeing my son with a big gentle heart, respecting, being compassionate. Watching him and my stepchildren making decisions for their future.  Always proud of their positive attitudes. 
  3. If you were to relive moments in each of the chapters of your life (childhood, teenage, mid-adult, adulthood...), what would they be and why? Wow, that's a tough one. Unfortunately, I don't remember a lot of my childhood, so I'd like to relive that to remember.  I don't want to relive my teenage years, haha! Mid-adult, the birth of my son.  No better memory than that.  Now, as an adult…I'm just living it.
  4. When did you start your jewelry business? 2011 What inspired you to start it? I wanted something different after my marketing career ended. I originally was opening a boutique, but with other investments and time constraints, it's on the side line.  For now :)
  5. What's your secret to looking young and fab at 50? :) Aww, you are sweet, thank you. I've really noticed a change in me with eating healthier and using my skin care products, I've yet to share.  I'll do that soon!
  6. Please tell us your blogging history! :) Not much of a history yet, but I'm nearly half-way to my one year mark. So far, so good.  I think, ha!
  7. How do you deal with negativities in life? As you get older, you don't want negativity. I try to stay away from it, because it make me more negative.  If it's out of my control, I go shopping!  
  8. What are the things you love about your life right now - or about being your age right now? :) Being my age, I feel good,  I feel young.  I like what I have experienced in life, to make a better tomorrow for me.  To teach the 'college of life' to the younger generations. To be a 'grounding' for those who need me.
  9. If you were given a superpower effective for 24 hours, what would that superpower be and what would you do within that 24hrs? This sounds so typical and cheesy, I'm sure…but to win the lottery so I can take care of others around me, and have needs. 
  10. If you won an all expense paid trip to anywhere in  the world with your family, where would you go? I would like to spend a good two-weeks with my family, siblings, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, etc., in North Carolina, the Outer Banks area. Just to hang and share stories and be with each other. For the good.   
Wow, Mary sure gave me a run for my answers this week! What a great partner, keeping me thinking. 
Please go over to Mary's Secret Obsession, and see her answers to my questions!

Cheers, 
signature

26 comments:

  1. thanks for joining us again! what skin care products do you recommend? I know it sounds bad but with 30 around the corner I've taken to trying new products. I do notice little lines here and there and want to prevent them as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prevention is an absolute at any age. We stop producing collagen in our 20's, yikes! Any lines you see now are from sun exposure. Always wear sunscreen, even in the winter. I will definitely have my skin products to share, next week. Promise!

      Delete
  2. You are such a beautiful person Wendy. I love that your kids make you proud every single day. I need to make sure that I look at Reagan in that light. She's going through the troublesome threes {post on Monday} and it is incredibly challenging but I do love her.
    Hubby and I get a date night tonight and I'm excited. We are going to do something low key -- dinner and a movie! Perfect for us. But a beach getaway sounds nice too!!

    Loved getting to know even more about you. Makes me miss living next to Jersey so I could come visit!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    http://raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet, Lanaya! Believe me, things are not always rosy and sweet around here, haha. We can be proud even when kids are unruly, it's their learning experiences. With limits of course ;-) It's hard for me to remember 27 years ago when my son was 3, haha, but I'm sure he had his tantrums then. Looking forward to reading your post on Monday.

      I wish you still lived here too, I think we'd have a blast! I hope your date night was wonderful!

      Delete
  3. Oh please let me know when you post about your beauty products :) you mentioned them in a past #AAF and I'm in need of something....

    I actually love going to Home Depot with my honey... which makes me think of the movie Old School.
    Remember this line from Old School: “Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we’re going to go to Home Depot… … Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don’t know, I don’t know if we’ll have enough time. “
    It's actually a hilarious scene :) Married life.
    As always it's not to get to know you more!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great memory! I did, and I'm bad at not posting that then, my apologies. Definitely next Wednesday.

      It's funny what makes us content in life. The simplest things. I actually like it.
      Thanks so much xoxo

      Delete
  4. Such awesome answers! I have really enjoyed getting to know you better! It is so awesome that your kids make you proud every day...I have to agree! I, too, try to keep the negativity away, I am too old for the drama! LOL! A beach getaway sounds wonderful! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey! Thank you. Kids are always a challenge, no doubt.
      The negativity can get overwhelming, it's at my age now that I choose not to accept it.
      Have a great weekend also! Thanks.

      Delete
  5. I really always love reading how you respond to these answers. If we were in the same family, you would be the type of relative I would always want to visit. You seem so laid back and easy going, always looking on the bright side and like you said, too far from negativity to even express any of it towards anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittnei, I want to hug you! You are so sweet with your comments. I would welcome your visits!
      I am pretty laid back and easy going, I do get tested too often, and at times it can damper my 'bright side', haha. We all get through it eventually. I hope you have a great weekend xo

      Delete
  6. I definitely agree with the lottery answer and the expense paid trip! I would do the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know families that do have these yearly traditions, I'd like them at least every 3.

      Delete
  7. I love these #AskAwayFriday posts! I totally agree with #7 - I'm all about staying away from negativity and drama...and shopping definitely helps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these too, keeps everyone pumping with comments! So grateful.
      Negativity isn't always avoidable, even without ourselves, but I try. Shop till you feel better haha.

      Delete
  8. I believe that you have a very wonderful bond with your son, and I believe you are a queen for raising such person! Makes me proud of you that way too Wendy! :) I totally agree with you on negativity. I think staying away from the stresses of life is what makes you look much younger too! :D

    Thanks so much for being my partner this week! :) It's been fun answering your questions and I so loved reading your answers too! See you around! <3

    P.S. I'm looking forward to reading your post on staying and looking young! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, we do have a special bond. Even when we have differences, we can be mad at each other for more than an hour. We've always been close and trust each other.

      Stay tuned next Wednesday!

      Delete
  9. See? Everyone asks you about how good you look! Truly a tribute to whatever you do. Good genes, good products. Love stalking you, my friend! I hope your Outer Banks dream comes true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cutie. I'm trying to slow the process, haha. My son used to hate it when he was asked if I was his girlfriend! No lie. haha If Outer Banks became reality, that would mean the family would all have to talk to each other, haha!

      Delete
  10. Your beach house getaway sounds fabulous! So relaxing! And I completely agree with your thoughts on negativity!
    Great getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cute small house, but does the job :) Very relaxing.
      Negativity = blah! :)

      Delete
  11. I loved your answers! I love how you and your hubby spend time together. It's the time you spend together that is most valuable. It was a pleasure getting to know you better. PS-please share your beauty secrets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do spend a lot of time together. Not much we do, is apart. I believe that is the reason you marry someone. Yes, you should have your own space at times, but for the most part together.

      PS-Wednesday ;-) XO

      Delete
  12. Halfway to a year? I would have never guessed! Your blog is amazing and as always I've truly enjoyed your answers... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! Thank you so much. I'm flattered.

      Delete
  13. This was such a treat to learn more about you! ;-) I had to giggle to myself when I read your answer "If it's out of my control, I go shopping!" That is the best way to be! Life is so beautiful to spend time not making the most of it. I can't wait to read your answers for next Friday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy!
      What else can you do, right? Ha!
      See you later this week :)

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo