A big shout-out to Penny, The Real Housewive of Caroline County and Amber, The Bold Fab Mom They are the ones that started this fun series! Go to their blogs and give them some love!
This week my partner in Q & A crime is, Stacey over at This Momma's Ramblings! Be sure to check out her answers to my questions. Thanks Stacey, its been fun!
Here we go now!
1. Who is someone in your life that has molded you into the woman that you are and why? I have to say, there has been more than one person. My upbringing was more than interesting. So I 'learned' very hard lessons through watching my parents friends, my grandmothers, and wanting to be a good person. My father though, showed me love and caring, even though I spent less time with him after my parents divorce. He taught me more than he realized, to have morals and values, and a gigantic heart.
2. What do you think is the best thing about being a mom? Being lucky to be a mom, in the first place. Having a special relationship with my son. I trust him more than I've ever trusted anyone, in my life. Knowing true love through being a mother. Getting great big hugs and special letters from my son. I could go on and on, haha.
3. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone wanting to start a blog, about blogging? Ohhh, I'm probably the last person to give advice, ha. I suppose I would say, have the patience to 'get there', wherever it is that you want to go with it. Read, read and learn as much as you can, to get there. Don't let it overwhelm you.
4. If I were to come and see you for a first time meeting, what would you plan for us to do? Oh would you? Haha, we'd have a blast here. There is my hometown, Lambertville NJ that I would take you. Hitting all the antiques and unique stores, the side street markets and BYOB restaurants. Walking over the Delaware River bridge, into New Hope PA. More cute stores, and definitely people watching.
5. Have you ever had the chance to meet any of the blogging friends that you have made? No, not yet. I really would like to put a luncheonette together to meet the local blogettes. How fun would that be!
6. If you were given a million dollars to spend, what would you spend it on? First, buy my sister a bigger home for her family. Then buy lots of property for two reasons; (1) for single moms and their children to build their life while someone trusts them to do so (2) shelters for dogs that are given up on or thrown to the curb, provide them their happiness without the worry of being killed for no good reason.
7. How did you get started eating raw? And does your family eat raw with you? I was a vegetarian for a big part of my life and a period of chicken and fish. After reading Skinny Bitch, and hearing so much about animals, etc., I couldn't bring myself to eat them. So, I had to research the correct way of eating healthy. So happy I did!
8. What was the most difficult post you have ever written? Wow, my first post. I think. Only because I didn't know where it would go from there. I'm trying to pay attention to what/how I've gotten those that are faithful to me, to help others just starting out.
9. What is your fondest dream that you have yet to accomplish? Blissful happiness. I'm trying, because now is the time in my life to have it. It's time to be a little selfish :)
10. What movie would you watch over and over again? Any reason why? Love Actually. Perfect holiday movie with fun and laughter and great love stories!














so glad you both teamed up and joined us yet again for #AskAwayFriday...love learning more about each of you each week!
ReplyDeleteIt's been a lot of fun each week. Thanks to you and Amber for getting this off the ground, amazing.
DeleteAwesome answers! LOL! This has been great fun and I am so happy that we could team up this week! I so totally trust all three of my kids more than anyone else. My oldest son and I are total best friends, I can cry on his shoulder anytime. It is so cool to know that whenever I am having a horrible day, my lil man will call his brother just to tell him that I need him. :) They are most definitely the most important part of my world. Oh and the hugs are superb! LOL! Wow, how did you know that that would just be my kind of visit! I love to wander little shops and street markets! People watching is always lots of fun! If I ever get to the east coast, I will definitely pop by for a visit! Haha, we both said have patience to newbies! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteHi Stacey! It's been fun, for sure. I think when I give advice about patience on the blogging, I'm talking to myself as well, hahah! Practice makes as perfect as your going to get :)
DeleteHave a great weekend.
Loved your answers!! Good getting to know you more again. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah, so nice to have you come by!
DeleteI'm liking these Friday gigs.
They are super fun!!! Keep coming back. :)
DeleteHi! I Love...Love Actually! Definitely a re-watch movie for sure! Great answers as always :)
ReplyDeleteIt's a seasonal favorite!
DeleteI would absolutely love to meet all my blogging friends! I wish I lived in your area because I would totally be on for a lunchette!
ReplyDeleteHey, maybe we should do a destination lunchette, for a weekend. Sounds good, righth? ;-)
DeleteI love how big your heart is Wendy! The fact that you would buy a home and land for all the single mothers that need help is incredible. You are such a genuine person. I wish I still lived in PA {well, sometimes!} so that I could come meet you.
ReplyDelete¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
http://raising-reagan.com
Awww, thanks so much Lanaya. You are so sweet. I wish you lived in PA also, haha. Maybe visit...?
DeleteGreat answers! Wouldn't it be nice to be a philanthropist-- one day-- I think we can get there :)
ReplyDeleteI've heard great reviews about Love Actually-- as of late {and I mean past 11 years} I've only really seen animated films in the theater..... #ParentLife
XOXO
WE will definitely get there, :)
Delete11-years is a very long time, haha! You have to watch Love Actually, it is a great movie. Do I need to send it to you? haha #mommytime
Wendy you seem so fun and easy going. I love the vibe I get from reading your posts. Your decision for the million dollars makes me think of how I feel about orphans and widows! That's such a great answer!
ReplyDeleteHi Brittnei, you are sweet, thanks!
DeleteHaving been a single mom, I know it's not easy. Helping others get their life together and stronger, would be a great help. Happy Friday beautiful!
Love Actually is one of my favorite movies of all time. I always watch it at Christmastime!
ReplyDeleteI do too! While I'm wrapping gifts till 1:00am, on repeat. :)
DeleteI suppose I need to come visit. Oh how I love cute quaint shops, we don't have many of those here in Atlanta. In some of the suburbs where the old county courthouse squares are there are sometimes the cutest little shops and I have a ball going in them. Eventually I would like to own one. Not sure what I am going to sell yet but I am going to get one!
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to come visit then, there are so many cute little towns here to venture.
DeleteI feel your dream, for years I've been contemplating a boutique of my own. Grand ideas, but do I want to invest the time? Definitely when life settles a little bit.