I can't keep these in the house, they are so yummy! RAW Coconut Macaroons.
My hubster loves them, and the kiddles too. Yum, yum, yum! I love making treats like these to share. It's so easy to make, but it's like showing off a talent, haha. So the secret is being revealed.
![]() |
| Thanks to The Beauty Detox Foods book |
This is so quick and easy, you'll have a yummy treat in no time. This recipe makes about 10 macaroons, depending how big or small you make them. I usually double the recipe and hide some in the freezer for a quick pop of energy as I head out the door to workout, or a mid-day pick-me-up.
Ingredients
2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp high-quality sea salt
1/2 tsp powdered stevia
1/2 cup raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, adding the coconut nectar or maple syrup last.
- Scoop small mounds on a plate. The mixture will be very sticky, so use two spoons.
- Place them in the freezer for 3-4 hours to set, before serving. Store in the fridge.
![]() |
| I rolled a few until I realized I wanted something powder to roll them easier. |
![]() |
| The finely shredded coconut I had on hand. See the mixture stuck to my hand under the coconut? |
By the way, I didn't wash that chocolate off my hand either! And when the spoon wouldn't get it all off, I just licked my hand! Does that sound gross? Hey, my hands were clean when I started :)
Love just whipping up a good treat and having an easy small sweetness to soothe the craving. Whip it up peeps! Enjoy.
Would you try to make these?















These look awesome!!! Going to have to try them out.
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you do!
DeleteI'm not a huge fan of coconut but these still sound fabulous!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteThey are yummy, and the chocolate overwhelms the coconut. You'll love them.
DeleteI'm making this the next time I crave sugar. I just need to buy some more coconut flakes. Can't wait to try these.
ReplyDeleteThey are really good! Let me know how you like them, when you do try.
DeleteThanks for viewing my blog.
I just made them and it tastes great. I didn't roll them into balls nor did I freeze it. I just ate it out of the bowl and put a top on it and put in the refrigerator. I guess I made the lazy version. I also, didn't add the stevia, but I did add a little coconut milk to it.
DeleteHi Sonya!
DeleteSo glad you tried these, and liked it! It doesn't matter how you eat it. By the spoonful is just as good. Thanks for telling me about it.
Cheers! xo