Since I didn't post Friday, I'm posting today, and I'm actually making it a bit more personal than usual.
First, I'd like to back up to Thursday night. I went out with what started as an acquaintance. Our kids are friends and although we've only passed each other at the doorstep, I now consider her a bit more than an acquaintance. I consider her an instant friend. We hit it off with more in common than we'd thought, added a nice glass of wine, and a couple of appetizers, in a cute village restaurant known as Earl's. It was a nice evening. I think Robin may become a nice new, 'good' friend, and I'm happy about that.
Which brings us to Friday.
My hubster and I started on the road earlier than usual to the beach house.
This is our cute little place.
It was a mess when we purchased it last year. Now we've made it our own. I had so much fun decorating it.
Anyway...we went to dinner tonight at a place called Sandi Pointe. After a green smoothie day...I of course cheated, fell right off the RAW wagon. I wish I could say it was well worth it, but it was ho-hum ok.
We started with conch fritters. First of all, deep fried is never a good idea. (I didnt even take a photo.) Second, it was more a hush puppy (you know what that is, right?) than fish of any kind. Past that...
We usually have an entrée each, thank goodness we split this one. From the conch, on to grouper, and a crab stuffed portobello (I know it all sounds good) with pieces of bread and mini muffins with cranberry. Thats what they considered a bread basket. Too bad it looked as if it were another tables leftovers, compared to the table next to us. Of which I usually skip bread all together (ha), but oh no, not tonight! Bad decision. Very different, very odd. Yuck. Not very impressive, unfortunately.
The best part, which wasn't worth it either for some reason, was my martini. Actually, the endless water was the best.
The kicker, when the waitress asked how we liked the conch, we told her we didn't think it was that good. We didn't even finish it. She just looked at us and said "oh well, I like it"...she walked away and we looked at each other dumbfounded. Not a well trained waitress, haha. We just laughed.
Afterward, we walked to the main strip, Asbury Ave., where there was a Jeep Invasion...festival (?) going on. Streets blocked, the real deal. Any jeep, new or old, any style you could want. Interesting. We be-bopped into a couple of stores. I bought a skirt and a couple sun-dresses. Hubster got 3 nice shirts, great colors. Bought a little gift for my favorite niece.
There was a live band outside playing some good 'ole music and dancing in the street. Too bad the rain kept many people away.
We worked our way to our favorite coffee place, where the a band was playing that we stumbled onto in the past. Cute beach-boy looking men (at their current age :) having a great time, the Bubba Mac Band!! So cool, so fun to see. We had coffee and dessert. Yes, another bump on the head falling off the RAW wagon.
So...here I am sitting in our freshly cleaned beach house, watching Dexter, hubster sleeping and snoring, dogs content and also snoring, loudly, and me writing for the blog I missed Friday.
All in all, it still was a fun day! Better yet, I've saved the best part for last. The most glorious rainbow I have ever seen!
With that, I end my Saturday-meant for Friday blog. Although, it seems it was truly meant to be this way.
May your weekend be filled with sunshine and rainbows!
Have you ever seen a rainbow so magnificent?
As always,




















Sounds like such a fun day!! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Susannah, you are very sweet.
Delete