blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Julep Box

Are you a Maven?  

I know I am.  Do you know how I know? I received Julep #2!  Well, actually it is #1 since I did get the first box complimentary.  Anyway, nothing makes an everyday girl happier, then when she's receiving girlie goodies in the mail. I love the theme, Sail into Summer...it just makes you want to go sit on the beach by the water, with your umbrella and just read a good book, taking little cat naps. Remember that feeling?  (Well, if it ever stops raining, maybe we can!)



First showing when I opened the box, is the DD Creme.  Dynamic Do-all makeup.  
I'm not a big foundation fan, but when its a 'do-all', I'll keep an open mind.  
Love the nautical color wrapping around the surprise nail colors!


There they are, my pretty box colors...a sea foam green, Diana & a sun shine yellow, Lexie. 
My full tube of DD Do-All Creme, plus a small tester sample of DD Concealer.
An extra treat in the box was taffy!  If I can remember the flavors before they were eaten...
chocolate, mint, aaaannnnnd....I don't know :)


Here is a sample of the Diana sea foam polish.  
I love the color.  So fresh with the feel of summer. 
I attempted the yellow, but felt I need a bit of a tan to sport that one!


Now that you know the contents, here are my Pros and Cons on each item:

PROS
Full size bottle of the DD Do-all Creme - loved the feel, not heavy on my skin
Two full size nail polish in fresh feeling summer colors
A sample of the DD Concealer to try with the DD Creme, good coverage - I like it
Yummy tasty treat for the reward of opening the box :)
CONS
Again, the nail polish is thick and makes for a tougher polish time
The polish stains the nail (I like to be able to throw on clear at anytime)

Quick note:  I did like the concealer.  I dabbed a bit on my finger and dabbed it on my face, in the areas I thought I needed it.  Then I put dots of the DD Creme all around the usual spots and smoothed it on my skin.  With a little blush, I was off to dinner with a friend. I'll try it a few more times to consider buying the products.  

So there you have it!  My first official Julep box, proving once again...I'm a Maven!

Are you a Maven?  What favorite colors will you be sporting for the summer? 

signature

3 comments:

  1. Great box this month! I had to cancel my subscription because I never have time to paint my nails anymore. :(
    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya'! I like when my polish can last a couple weeks with applying top coat a couple times.
      My toes usually last a long time, thankfully!

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo