blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Thursday, September 12, 2013

#AskAwayFriday!

It's going to be a good Friday because I'm hookin'-up with another man!  NO, not like that. His name is Pieter, and he blogs over at Ah dad... and we're hooking up for:


Here are the questions from Pieter:

1. I see you are a domestic engineer aka housewife.  Is there anything you miss about having a job?  I wanted to say real job, but then decided my day is going pretty well so far, and I didn't want a lot of hate mail) I am so happy you decided to have a good day :) I miss the 'must have' daily routine, agenda, organization.  Being home allows me to be 'slower to the starting gate'. 

2. What one thing/lesson did you learn from your Nan that you still follow today? I was 8-years young when she passed, so the memory is a bit fogged.  I'd have to say, never let the parakeet answer the phone. Her little guy would run to the phone when it was put down on the counter, saying 'hello, hello bitch, hello'.  True story.

3. Why did you start to blog? I starting blogging when I closed my website.  Blogging was more personable and less stressful.  At least I thought :)

4. I'm a bit scared to ask...RAW eating habits...Please explain. (I saw gorilla wrap as dish one and then freaked out!) RAW eating is just what it says. Don't get confused on eating raw meat, of course. Eating RAW is raw fresh vegetables and fruit, which allows for more nutrients being absorbed. Most times without cooking.  The gorilla wrap is made of collard greens and walnuts, fit for a mighty gorilla! 

5. Do you have a favourite picture taking subject? All things beauty, family, children, my fur-babies, scenery, catching natural expressions.  That covers about everything I'd say, ha!

6. Your blended family implies, as per non-cannibal definition, you are raising more than one little human. (i.e compared to an actual human smoothie...)  What is your biggest tip for raising a girl? (I need all the help I can get) Don't let the tears fool 'ya! Although our little girl was mostly without issues (thank goodness for that), communicate!  Be involved.  Check that backpack she's taking along for a change of clothing you wouldn't normally want her to wear.  Our girl was conservative, but some of these girls, WHOA!  I think you can walk the mall and see what you need to be aware of these days.  

7. Does your husband know about your blog? Yes, hubster knows I blog and he reads it each day he receives an email of my post. Although, he's stopped saying "I liked your blog today"...what's that about!?

8. At what time of day/night do you blog? Oh my, let's see...morning, afternoon, night into the morning. When I start to blog, I get caught up in reading other blogs and then realize it's 3-hours later! I'm trying to schedule, honest! 
  
9. Do you have a bucket list? NO! If yes, what is the most outrageous thing on it that you still want to do? I need one, hubster and I talk of making one. Maybe this will spark our interest once again. 

10. What do you know about South Africa? I know that it's on the map!  Sorry.  Without googling, I know a friend rented videos in the late 80's before she and her hubster went hunting there, on vacation.  I hear it is beautiful. Maybe I'll go someday. 

Check out Ah dad... for his answers to my questions!  He's a great writer and I can't wait to see what his answers will be.

Link up every Friday with...

signature

15 comments:

  1. Very true your answer to #8, I start with stopping by blogs and keep clicking onto new blogs and learning more and before you know it hours passed by. I forced myself to stop at 11:30 last night. I normally online till 1am. Not good when my alarm clock goes off at 5:15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain, for sure!

      I am now following you, thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. I have bloggy ADD... I start to blog, tweet, read someone else's post, and holy crap it's been an hour and half with nothing accomplished!
    I have two daughters so I appreciate your advice :) {Keeping this in mind(mind-pinning if you will)}
    Thanks for sharing via the #AskAwayFriday
    XOXO
    http://mrs-aok-a-work-in-progress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy! With all good intentions we feel good when we sit down in front of our computer, then WHEWWWW, that time has passed. Then we are behind, and it's way late, and we're tired! I am happy to report I knocked out 4-posts for next week last night, and I am happy as a clam! (A clam that gets to float around the rest of its life, that is.)

      Of course, I'll go back and tweak those posts, because they are never good enough!

      Thanks for coming by!!
      Following you XO

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from Ask Away Friday. Great question exchange with Pieter! So true about walking the mall to see what to be aware of. I'm a Middle School art teacher and every day I make a mental note of "things to lecture my daughters about" (this may be a blog post coming soon...) starting with "DO NOT be those kids in the movie theater running up and down the aisle, talking full voice, texting, twerking-whatever." Just don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pieter is a riot! So glad I got to 'hook-up' with him ;-)

      Yes, the little girls these days, I don't know what I'd do. My daughter in this day and age, would hate me. Only one girl out of 5-boys to tangle with. Which gender is harder? That's a weeks worth of posts for sure! Now my 7-month old niece will have Auntie Wendy stalking her!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Answer number 2 cracked me up LOL We have the same problem when blogging, i get caught up reading other blogs too that sometimes I just save my draft and go to sleep because it's almost daylight :) So glad you paired up with Pieter, isn't he crazy? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing! Then I think I'll wake up early enough to post it, before everyone wakes! Ha. Nope. Sometimes it's noon, or after dinner. At least we do it, eventually.
      Was happy to pair up with Pieter yes, he is crazy funny.

      Thanks for reading my blog, enjoying yours as well!

      Delete
  5. Stopping in from #AskAwayFriday! I enjoyed all of your answers and of course AhDad and his always funny questions...LOL I too was wondering exactly what RAW eating was...I pictured raw meat but I'm so glad that was cleared up for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, happy to help with the RAW. It is freaky to hear someone say that, isn't it!

      Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a blog, would love to follow?

      Delete
  6. You are the sweetest! I loved your answers. Ah Dad is hilarious and you are funny too! I think I will enjoy following your blog! That was some good advice for raising a girl. I think I needed to hear that so I can store it for later! I'm still cracking up at question number 1. You both are so funny :)

    XoXo,
    Brittnei
    http://homemakingwithstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittnei, I stalked your blog this morning. Can't wait to read more. Adorable. You are sweet as well, so thank you!
      Thanks for the compliments, and yes Ah Dad is great to Q&A with.

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. well now you've just made me want a parakeet!!! commend you on the raw food diet, do you do it 24/7? so excited to read more about you and your fam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren, thanks for coming by! I now have you in my circles. Do you have twitter or bloglovin'?

      Parakeets are fun, they talk and sing up a storm. My Nan's was so funny, just sat on your shoulder hanging out and be-bopping up and down. His name was Dopey, but he was no dope! Too cute. My cockatiel Opus, I had for 12-years was cute also. He (that ended up being a 'she') would watch TV with me, hang out playing with my earrings while I washed dishes. Haven't had a bird since, but they are cute. Had to share those did-bits. (No, they didn't poop all over the house or on us! haha)

      As for RAW, I try to do 24/7. I do when I am home, for sure. When you are out or traveling it isn't so easy. When we go to the beach on weekends, I bring my food already prepared, but the hubster likes to go out. It's the atmosphere there for me also, you just gravitate to be outside and eat outside. So I do fall off the wagon some, but it's easy to get right back on!

      Thanks for asking and stopping by! Have a great weekend ox

      Delete
  8. Hi Dana! Really enjoyed meeting you through AWF also. Take the small steps. Each day eat an extra veggie, or eat less dairy. Every little bit will get you to that place that 'you want to be'. Carbs are yummy, so I know how hard it can be.

    Nice to see you here. Stalk soon!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo