I am so excited to show you my newest DIY project! It's been a long time coming. I had to go out and purchase a new sewing machine to make it happen. Not really, but for all the sewing I do, I probably should have sent this 50-plus-year-old Singer to the rejuvenating shop. There really isn't anything wrong with it, it's just old. The bobbin thread got tangled too many times, and it was most likely due to me putting it together wrong. It's been so long, who knows. This was my mother's, and she gave it to me many years ago. I made my own maternity clothes with this beauty, as well as kids clothes! That was at least 28-years ago. Don't worry about counting, okay? Anyway :)
![]() |
| Not sure what to do with this oldie but goodie! |
![]() |
| This is the new shiny Singer! |
What a horrible picture of a new toy! I know, but it was up against a window and by the time I got around to writing my post (scheduled at that!), I was too lazy to go back and take a better one. My bad? BUT, here is what I did ~
| So happy with my sewing machine cover! |
I know, I know! Even this picture wouldn't crop right. What am I going to do with myself! This was fun though. I had some burlap, and some heavy black material, plus the flower burlap strip. I added the bling to pretty it up a bit more. Cute, huh?
I made a pattern out of a large roll of paper, cut it all out, collected my pieces and my bling, put it all together and I have the coolest sewing machine cover. No more dust, not that my house is dusty, I mean c'mon, but I'm so happy with it! Aside from the crooked photos, that make the darn thing look crooked.
I love it!
I'm hoping this DIY'er is the beginning of a whole library of projects! Here's hoping.
Have you made a sewing machine cover?
I'd love to see it!















No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo