Happy 2014!
Here we go! I'm back in the game. It seems strange to me that there were only four weeks in December. Anyone else? I've only skipped one #AAF since October 4th, awesome. For those of you who don't know what the #AskAwayFriday is all about, it's a way to get to know new bloggers, learn more about our current blogger buddies, and have some fun! So let's get started.
Here we go! I'm back in the game. It seems strange to me that there were only four weeks in December. Anyone else? I've only skipped one #AAF since October 4th, awesome. For those of you who don't know what the #AskAwayFriday is all about, it's a way to get to know new bloggers, learn more about our current blogger buddies, and have some fun! So let's get started.

This week I am partnering up with Ms. Sonya K! She's a SAHM that loves shopping, and loves shopping for you! Everyday she has some great deals to share. I'm excited to be her partner this week, so check out my answers to her questions below. Be sure to go to Sonya's blog to see her answers to my questions!
1. How long have you been eating a raw diet? It's been a while, I can't recall an exact date. I eased into it, as anyone should.
2. What initially made you interested in trying a raw diet? I was a vegetarian on and off for many years, from a young age. Within the past few years, I leaned more toward veggie-head, but I still wasn't feeling all that healthy, even with all my running. I felt sluggish and bloated too often. Eating veggie though, can be fattening if you don't watch what how you cook. So when I stumbled upon the RAW way of eating, I was instantly attracted.
3. I thought a raw diet was when you don't use heat when preparing your meals, but I see that you do use heat when preparing your meals. Do you find most people misunderstand what a raw diet actually is? Sorry to confuse anyone. I LOVE to cook, so that gets me in trouble, haha! Although, you can cook your food, just certain ones for a short period of time. For me, sometimes just to heat it rather than a microwave. I use water to sauté or caramelize, rather than any oils. I only use coconut oil when I do use an oil, but it is very fattening and should be used in moderation. Getting back to the question, haha, it is a process to go completely 100% RAW. I fall off the wagon, as many of my posts of have mentioned. I will be totally RAW…soon :)
4. I want to be more of a DIY type person and repurpose furniture, but I'm afraid of messing up. How long have you been tackling DIY projects? If you could see the projects I have yet to finish, or even start! I love the idea but get so many going in my head at once, buy all the materials, then get overwhelmed. Then, life gets in the way. I'll get there…come SPRING. Haha.
5. Have you ever messed up so badly while doing a DIY project that you had to give up on it? If so, what happened? YES!! So frustrating. I haven't given up, I'm taking a breather to try again later.
6. What has been the DIY project that you are most proud of completing? OMG, haha, just completing all of them! Actually, I am proud of this one, for my niece.
7. What was the last MP3 song or album you bought? Emeli Sande. I've worn it out.
8. What was the best movie you watched in 2013? Hhmm, tough one. I'm soooo bad at remembering names of movies. The one I really enjoyed, in every aspect, was Enough Said. Starring the late James Gandolfini (so sad and I just love him!) and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss. Love it! You should watch.
9. Hot Chocolate or Apple Cider? Not a big fan of either, enjoy my tea. If I had to pick one, definitely a big fattening hot chocolate with whipped cream, vegan of course :)
10. What is your favorite room in your house? My kitchen! I love the art of creating food and my smoothies, and I just love my kitchen, hah! :) It's changed a little from this photo. A different chandelier and green window treatments, some minor things but that's the cooking station!
Another great session, with another great blogger! Thanks Sonya.
Cheers,















I love your kitchen! It is awesome! Glad you recommend Enough Said, I want to see it!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteYes, the movie was very funny. Must see.
Hope your week is going well.
Your kitchen is wonderful! I love the "You Are My Sunshine", I often sing it to lil miss, though it makes her cry when I do. Tears of joy, she says. :) Have a great weekend, Wendy!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Stacey.
DeleteAwww, how cute. My sister sings it to her little girl also. Brings tears just thinking of it :-)
Hope you had a nice weekend!
Ok you've just added an amazing new song to my playlist PLYS a must watch movie...I wanted to see that movie then forgot about it... Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeletePS this video is beyond awesome. I love the bullet to word relation.
Isn't the video great!?! I love it, and yes, the bullet/word is great. Very moving.
DeleteHappy week to you!
You have an amazing kitchen, it's a beautiful space to create all those great recipes. I'll have to add Enough Said to my request list at the library. I love coconut oil too. I probably use too much, but I put it in my buckwheat and millet with raisins and it's so good. I'm so glad that we partnered up this week. I enjoyed answering your questions.
ReplyDeleteYou can get videos at the library now? That's awesome.
DeleteYum, the buckwheat sounds great! Minus the raisins, can't handle that sweetness in my food.
Lots of fun partnering with you this week as well, thanks so much!
Have a great week!
Hi Wendy,
ReplyDeleteI love that Kitchen, it is absolutely divine, if you ever want to throw it out, send to me in South Africa(Haha)
I am visiting for the first time and love your blog.
Thank you.
I hope that you have a wonderful day.
Love and best wishes.
Anne
Haha, ok Anne, I'll send it your way when I tire of it :) too funny!
DeleteThanks so much for stopping by, I'm happy to hear you like my blog. I will definitely come to see 'who you are, and what you are all about'...stalking you soon!
Have a fabulous week!
My hubby wants to watch Enough Said but I keep putting it off. I've actually heard three people now say it was really good. Sounds like I'm going to have to cave! LOL
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday beauty!
¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
http://raising-reagan.com
Girl friend, watch the movie with the hubster, mine really liked it! You will enjoy it as well, I'm sure of it.
DeleteHappy week to you Ms. Lovely xo
I have to jump on the I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN train! Beautiful! I admire your dedication to eating well, stewarding your body well. Way to go. :) Fun "meeting" you today thru #AskAwayFriday.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Dana! So nice to meet you as well.
DeleteHave a wonderful week!
I love your kitchen too. I like my kitchen but your's looks so much more inviting.
ReplyDeleteHaha, well I'd like to see your kitchen, maybe we can switch!
DeleteThanks Christy, happy week to you.
Welcome back to AAF! You have a beautiful kitchen. That "sunshine" word art turned out great! I have so many DIY projects in my head and around the garage/office/basement that I need to complete or start. LOL
ReplyDeleteHey Gracielle, thank you!
DeleteThe Sunshine canvas was my first attempt, thankfully my sister loved it. Now I have to make curtains for each kiddies room, so much fun!
Feeling your 'much to do' on the DIY insanity! Haha!