For those of you who are new to #AskAwayFriday, join in! It's a way to meet new bloggers and learn more about your current bloggerettes! Thanks to RHOCC and BoldFabMom, we get to do this weekly.
Check out these questions to me by Mrs. Tee, then go to her blog and check out her answers to mine!
I absolutely love the story of how and why you named your Blog Effie Girl...What is 1 piece of advice or lessons your grandmother taught you that you carry with you still?Unfortunately I was 6 when she passed away, so there isn't much I remember aside from little memories. A funny one is her parakeet, Dopey. He'd pick spaghetti from her plate, drink her beer, and talk on the phone calling people a b****. The lesson could be, "don't let your parakeet talk on the phone", haha.What is your favorite thing to do on a chilly day?Sit with a gigantic cup of tea and read.If you could do anything at all but it had to be an adventure what would you do?I'd live in Paris for 6-months, just taking it all in.What is your favorite childhood memory?My (other) grandmother. Always so beautiful and sweet.
She lived to be 99. Warm loving memories.
Name 4 TV Shows, Books or Movies you simply couldn't be without.Guilty pleasures, Nashville, Parenthood, Love Actually, Housewives reality shows.I know you love DIY. What is your favorite DIY Project to date (include a post link if you have one)?So far, this one.
Have you ever had a DIY project gone wrong? If so, share the story and results :DTrying to get the hang of photo transfer onto canvas. For some reason, I can't get the hang of it, but I'm continuing to try. Anyone know the way to get best results?
Random: Is your car a catch all for your daily routines or is it fresh off the lot clean? Share a picture of your trunk (no clean up permitted!)It's pretty clean. Okay, this isn't my car, but it is the same model and make. Although mine is black, it is exactly like this, clean.
You have a day all to yourself, no cost limits, how do you spend it?I'm pretty simple and a cheap date…if not with a friend or hubster I like strolling around a small town, browsing shoppes. Or a summer day outside gardening with the dogs. If it's bitter cold and snowing like now, inside with movies and popcorn. Or as I am this week and the next, playing everyday with my beautiful niece...
Signature Question: Are you a part of Team Tea or the Coffee Crew?Tea, love different teas. Although I do have my cup of coffee each day.
Cheers to Friday, loves,
















I don't think my truck has been THAT clean since we bought it...LMBO Your niece is absolutely adorable! I had so much fun with your questions this week...thanks for swapping with me :D
ReplyDeleteThank you! It was so fun Q&A'ing with you, as well.
DeleteMy car isn't the 'main car', so that helps. Plus, the kids are all older now, no more hockey and stuff to dirty things.
Hope you had a great weekend!
Awe, your niece is an absolute sweet pea! Great answers, Wendy! I totally love having a day to just hang out with my bestie. Ooh rambling around Paris for 6 months sounds amazing! LOL! Hope you have a great weekend, Wendy!
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks Stacey!
DeleteParis does sound lovely, does't it!
Hope your weekend was great.
Great answers! The weather is so cold here in OH right now that it seems we're always under blankets! And I love Love Actually, such a great movie. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteOMG, I feel your pain! We are having yet another freezing cold week here in PA! BLAH, I'm so over it.
DeleteLove Actually is a must film at least 2-3x per year!
Happy Monday!
Could you please come and keep my Subaru clean? Man, the amount of kid stuff in that car is unreal. If we ever trade it in, we'll have to take it to be details first!
ReplyDeleteI love tea, but coffee is a MUST for me!
Haha, I would love to come clean out your car for you, haha! What are blog buddies for, right? Now the outside of my white car, is not as pretty. She's pretty upset with me, haha!
DeleteI wish my car was clean, haha! Two small children make that hard. ANNNND I'd love to go to Paris, it would be so amazing.
ReplyDeleteHey Sarah!
DeleteYes, the little ones make lots of things harder. Funny, I'm on my second week of taking care of my 11-month old niece and I play with her all day! Now I remember what it's like to not get anything done. I don't care, this is so fun and it's a great excuse to not have to get everything done.
Happy Monday!