blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Thursday, January 30, 2014

#AskAwayFriday, #26 with The Green Eyed Lady!

I can't believe it's the end of January 2014. Where does time go? I'll tell you…it brings in nasty cold weather and the nasty flu, followed by a nasty cold with no voice…it brings chaos with frozen pipes and clean ups and anxiety. THAT'S where my time has been. I know I may have mentioned this in my last post, but it doesn't seem to end. So for any blogettes experiencing the same, I'm with ya' sister.

Now on to the fun part of Thursday evening for Friday fun!  I am so excited to pair up with Carissa, The Green Eyed Lady, Lovely Lady!  I can't not sing that song, when I mention her blog.  Love it. By the way, the more I stalk her blog, the more I like her. I'm excited to be introduced to the Tacky Box, to share with my nephew.  She has a sweet family, and an adorable little Emma Renee. What a lovely name.  Check out her story.
The Green Eyed Lady Blog
For those of you new to #AAF, its a fun way to link-up and get to know your current blogettes more, and invite new peeps into your blogosphere.  Thanks to Penny at RHOCC, and Amber of TheBoldFabMom, we get to do this weekly! So join in the fun.  
Here are my answers to Carissa's questions.  Be sure to check out her answers to mine, here. 
1. How are you dealing with the weather?
Ugh, not very well!  Dealing with frozen pipes that burst, the flu and now a cold. I am officially over winter, so why doesn't it just go away
2. What is your favorite social media site and why?
Probably Twitter (and Instagram)…they are quick and easier to keep up on day to day things.  (When I'm paying attention, ha!) 
3. Its your turn to plan date night, what do you plan?
Oh I'm such an easy date.  I like to stroll through small towns, try a new hip place to eat, walk, a lot.  
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Meeting new bloggesses.  It's always nice to see who lives near you. As well as distant peeps, learning where they are from and keeping in touch. 
5. I see you eat Raw, what is your favorite Raw recipe?
I love it all really, the more veggies the better.  I have to say I really favor the Tuna Fishless though.  

6. Even though I am from Cleveland (Go Browns), Pittsburgh holds a special place in my heart because its where I got engaged, and spent my first wedding anniversary…what part of PA do you live in and where would you take me if I came to visit? 
I am from the scenic, classy, historic Bucks County.  Since Pitt is nearly 7-hours driving for me, I'd take you to my hometown of Lambertville (NJ), for the artsy slow pace lifestyle, then to the ever so lovely New Hope (PA), the eclectic side of the bridge that divides the two states.  On a Spring or Summer day, you can't beat people watching, strolling through shoppes, eating outside…it's so wonderful!  
7. I see you said that you are a Jersey Girl…how often do you make it back?
As often as possible. Since I'm 10-minutes from that bridge that divides PA/NJ, I get there often.  Love it!  I take peeks at my grandmothers house, to see what they've done to it, drive by my home where I grew up…then visit my wonderful Aunt Eleanor who is 94!  Isn't she a beauty? She is 91 in that photo.

8. I love jewelry/accessories like you…what is your favorite piece of jewelry to shop for? 
Statement pieces would sum it up, I love a fancy necklace with a simple T! (Wish I had a pic of me!)
9. You have a day to yourself…how do you spend it?
Relaxing at a destination Spa, all morning/day/early evening, doing Yoga and eating healthy!  
Then straight to bed, after my chauffeur drops me off at home :-)
10. Tell me 3 facts about yourself that you don't normally share on your blog (whatever you feel comfortable with)?
Wow, ok let me think about this…do I go lame, or serious? 
1. I love going to the movies, and popcorn is a must no matter if I just ate (lame)
2. I find it hard to 'forgive' when it's hard to 'forget' (serious, might require therapy for that one, ha!)
3. I am a car snob. I lease, so I can have a new one every three years. (lame!!)

There you hav'em folks!  Now head over to Carissa, The Green Eyed Lady Blog!  

signature

12 comments:

  1. Leasing a car is a great idea if you want to change cars often. I don't think its lame. Plus you don't have to worry about high cost of maintaining the car once you hit 60K miles, especially, if you drive a smaller car with a timing belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of good reasons, right? Love it.
      Happy weekend to you.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for Linking up with me this week! I'm going to try the Tuna Fishless!!! I love new cars too but we don't lease:( and a destination spa sounds marvelous right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it, I'm sure you will.
      Thank you, as well.
      Hope you are having a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. Movie popcorn is so good, I love saltly foods and it's super salty. Once I start eating it, it is hard to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popcorn is the must of my life. I can't help myself around that smell!
    I used to love people watching in New Hope! Ah, someday soon. And yes, your Aunt looks fabulous for 91. You're all age-less and beautiful, as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to popcorn!
      New Hope is definitely the place for people watching, so fun! Join me this summer.
      Enjoy your Sunday xo

      Delete
  5. I just came across your blog through the giveaway that you are participating in and I wanted to say hi! I loved your answer about your plan for date night. I love strolling through small towns and finding new hip places to eat. I look forward to following along!

    Ashley, Married to the Game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, thanks for stopping by! Always nice to see new faces.
      Thanks so much.
      I'll be stopping by your blog today!
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. Oh I so dream of a spa day! Even if I have to go it alone! Movie popcorn is great, but I gotta have some chocolate too! LOL! That date night sounds amazing, too! I am with you...so over this winter nonsense...I want spring! Hope you are having a great week, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a nice dark piece of chocolate, but I'm not a huge chocolate eater. Popcorn though, look out!
      I want Spring also! This last ice storm, with power loss, has done me in.

      Have a great weekend, Stacey! xo

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo