blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Friday, January 17, 2014

New Year, New You!

Happy New Year!  

I know, I know, I'm a bit late.  As the old saying goes, "better late, than never". 

Well, the holidays got me backed up for a couple of weeks.  All the decorating and wrapping, then the visits and cooking and baking.  Not to mention the clean up!  Oh, you all know what I'm talking about.  So I'll stop making excuses.  I'm finally posting this and I'll get on with it!


With the New Year, comes new resolutions and changes for many of us.  Some will fall through the cracks, not being able to fit more time into our busy schedules.  Like anything we want to change of ourselves, we need to focus and make the time.  Easier said than done, right?  Yes.

In this post I'm mainly talking about, 'dieting'. Eww, right?  A love-hate relationship. No one likes to, or should play the yo-yo game with diet plans. It doesn't do your body good. Personally, I think it makes things worse and takes you back to a tougher place. I've seen it happen time and again, with many friends and family.

Let's take the word ''diet' out altogether.  Let's just 'eat healthy'.  That definitely sounds easier to me. 


Although I've been lucky enough to be on the thinner side all my life, I've still had to watch what I eat. With age comes pounds, and they get harder to shed. No matter what you weigh, any additional pounds are annoying and not wanted. Agreed? 

If you've followed me enough, you'll know I am pro-RAW eating.  I'm not perfect, I fall off the wagon. A lot.  Especially around the holidays like many of us, the cookies, some healthy some not so healthy.  My pumpkin pie, not sure I can change it to the RAW side.  That's one great-grandmother recipe I'm not messing with :)  So, as much as I'm RAW 80% of the time, I am moving slowly toward the 100%.  I may never get there, but I will get closer to 95%.  I just know it's better for my health.

How do I know? My body tells me. I feel it.  I see it, in my skin.  The bloating face and tummy vs. not bloating. We all get it.  I like my martini now and then, and a glass of wine.  I had a bit too much over the holidays and 'I see it'.  I don't like it.  Since this past Sunday, I have gone smoothie-city!  With the help of:

Blender Babes They hold your hand (Tarashaun is wonderful), and help you live a Lifestyle, not a 'diet'. Right now they have a great green smoothie challenge & juice detox for you to follow.  Check out the Babes.

The Beauty Detox Foods This book helps you slowly go to the RAW side.  The recipes are delish!

Forks Over Knives More yummy recipes. I need to live by this book more, I've rarely used it.

Check them all out, to see which is best for you. Starting slow is key, to any change in your life. Taking the steps at your pace to healthier eating will bring you healthy results.  Try it.  You can have your junk day, or weekend.  Or do a healthy day, every other day, or every two days.  Remember~ your choices, your schedule, your results.

Let it be known, I am not receiving any compensation for these mentions. I'm sharing my personal experience of eating RAW and doing green smoothies every day, seeing/feeling my own personal results. I'm sharing those that have helped me stay on my healthy track.  Plus, there is so much FREE information on these sites as well, information on healthy eating for a healthier you. 

In the new year, make healthier choices in all areas of your life.


Since putting this together, there have been many things happening in my daily life.  I have a lot going on.  Fixing up a house to move my mother here from Florida; trying to find the time to go pack her up and move her here to PA.  Dealing with houses that have frozen/broken pipes that have flooded. The New Year has started off with a bang!  I've neglected my bloggesses and visiting their blog spaces, but will get back to it as often as I can.  I'll be posting as much as I can, still trying to find my niche, haha, but please be patient as I 'get my act together to try and remain positive' through it all.  

2 comments:

  1. Eat healthy DEFINITELY sounds better than diet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susannah, Happy New Year!!
      Hope all is well with you and your family.

      Healthy is the key!

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo