
I am thrilled to be back at it this week with another beauty, Ms. April from 100-lb Countdown. She's a wife, mommy and fitness coach! I'm answering her questions below, and I can't wait to head on over to see what she's got to give for my questions!

Here we go...
I'm a complete television junkie... I even write a blog specifically on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. What's your favorite Housewives franchise? I watch for entertainment, so I can't pick one. I think they are all the same crazy women, bickering at each other for any good reason. Makes me feel as if my life is sane! Although, I do tire of them before the end of the season. I like the reunions and the fact they think they can lie, when the camera tells the truth! Who's your favorite housewife? My favorite...uhmmm...I'll say my favorite one to dislike is Brandi! She's sloppy and gross.
Is there a quote that you live by personally in your marriage or parenting? Not necessarily a quote, but I like to live by "morals, values, honesty and trust", with those you have self respect and respect for others. If so what is it and why do you think it's important to live by it? I think it's the best way to get through life and relationships of any kind. With friends, relatives and careers.
You have $1000. You can't go to Target, Walmart, K Mart or any other everything store. You must spend it on you alone. Where you going to spend it? A rejuvenating Spa in Arizona.
Politics and religion drive a wedge between a lot of people. Do you talk about it in your personal life? I talk politics with the hubster, but no one else. We make our opinions together and our views on politics are usually the same. Religion, I have had some conversations with others. Only when I'm preached to. I can give a good match of Q&A. Why or why not? I don't talk politics with others because it never really comes up. No one around us is strong on the topic. Religion, I respect anyone's beliefs but I don't like their beliefs shoved down my throat. We all have our own.
You've been awarded a new home, money is no object and location is up to you. Describe it to us. An open, airy house with lots of natural light, a chef's kitchen, contemporary. Any place warm, with two seasons, Spring and Summer :) I am so over this cold stuff.
Do you have a junk drawer? What's in it? I do, all of my own. No one is aloud in it to shuffle through and mess it up! (Reminder to the hubster as he reads this.) Haha. Makes me nuts. I like it neat and have what I need, when I need it. It has sunglasses, keys, gum, note paper, pens, scissors (yes, I have to initial them because someone always takes them and never puts them back!), hand cream, garage door opener, sunflower seeds to plant (for 2 years now), phone charge cords, my pills. The usual. (Bonus for pictures)
Now that your son is an adult, what's your favorite thing to do with him? Just to spend "TIME" together. Laugh. Confide in each other. Although I see him nearly everyday, and things change and evolve, I do miss us as we used to be when he was younger.
I tried oil pulling a couple of times and didn't see a noticeable difference. Now that you've been doing it a week, have you seen a difference? I can only say that my teeth are a bit whiter. If that is all I do get out of this, I'll be thrilled. Teeth are a big thing for me, so I want them nice and white. Strips and other products make my teeth sensitive. Bonus for pictures! I haven't done any before/afters.
We are at the end of the first quarter of the year and I'm updating my annual goals list. I read a couple of posts of yours from the beginning of the year, so I wanted to follow up.
What positive changes have you made since the beginning of the year? Oh I started it off terribly! My workouts became next to nothing for too long, stress got to me health wise. The weather stunk! So, I've started Yoga and getting back to routines. My eating has been great, though!
You mentioned that your three words for the year are: Organized. Grateful. Happy. Are you being more organized? I am, I think so. Better than I was for sure. Are you making sure that you are grateful for what you have? Yes, definitely. Are you happy? For the most part, I strive to be overly happy to annoy everyone! ha!
Happy Friday!













Hi Wendy! I WISH my Junk Drawer looked that organized. I allow myself one or two spaces where my OCD can't rule and my junk drawer is definitely place number 1...it's a mess and I am actually okay with it. LOL
ReplyDeleteI hope you have an awesome weekend!
The drawer used to be a mess! That's when everyone would go into it for everything, and they'd never return. I never have a pen when I need it, so I hide one in the back. The hubster has a big drawer that gets messed up 1-day after he organizes! I had to take my own!
DeleteHope you had a great weekend!
My junk drawer looks like, well, junk. I should keep everyone out of it, maybe mine would look nice too! LOL! Yes, watching the shows makes me feel sane. I thought Brandi was better until this season and she turned on the only person who cared. I can't stand by that decision. She says she treats her well, but then has spent the entire season talking mess about her. Great answers! I LOVED switching with you!
ReplyDeleteHaha, as I mentioned to MrsTee, I just can handle everyone digging in 'my stuff'. It mainly has what no one is interested in! That's the key :)
DeleteGreat Q&A with you - enjoyed it very much!
Have a great week.
Hey Wendy, I love how neat your junk drawer is. Spring and fall are my two favorite seasons too. It would be nice to live somewhere with nice weather all the time.
ReplyDeleteI think San Diego has that weather, seems perfect for us! Wouldn't it be nice to live somewhere for 1-year, each year a different place? I was thinking that this weekend, and my hubster actually mentioned it! The experience would definitely help to find a final retirement favorite.
DeleteAhhh - now you have me dreaming about a spa trip! I think that might be how I would spend the money, too! And I love the description of your dream house - especially the warm location! I am definitely over winter this year!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
A Spa trip in Arizona? I hear there are many nice ones there. We could also visit Ms. Lanaya and make it a girlie-Spa trip. I think I've mentioned this before, haha!
DeleteA rejuvenating spa in Arizona? Count me in! I have a neat junk drawer too.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am similar with politics and religions.
Arizona...here we all come???
DeleteHave a great week, Tamara!
Are you sharing that spa certificate with me while you come visit?? That would be EPIC!!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Lanaya
Absolutely! Couldn't do it without you.
DeleteHave a good week xo
We only have three drawers in our whole kitchen, so I had to make a "junk basket!" I just throw stuff I don't feel like dealing with in there. It's certainly not as organized as your drawer!!
ReplyDeleteI've seen friends with 'junk baskets' on their counter, and I think its a great idea!
DeleteSometimes it can be fun going through it and tossing things out, a good cleanse! Haha.
Happy Monday!
Wow Wendy we lead differently lifestyles in many ways, but in others I can see so many similarities! I have only recently heard of oil pulling! I will have to check this out! Very cool!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear there are similarities, but different is good!
DeleteI'm not disappointed in the oil pulling yet, need to see how it progresses...hopefully.