blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Friday, March 14, 2014

Beet Leaf Smoothie

I've been in the experimenting mood trying some new greens, and a new one is beet tops.  The taste really isn't overpowering, I'm not really tasting anything distinguishing as they mix together with all my ingredients.  This one is a nice sweet tasting treat!


When I make my smoothies, I really don't measure much but the chia, hemp and flax.
Here is a guesstimate of my Beet Leaf Smoothie!

2 cups coconut water
1 cup filtered water
6-10 leaves from raw organic beets
2 c fresh spinach leaves
3 stalks celery, flower tops included
1/2 small lemon, peeled
1 small green apple
2 c frozen blueberries
1 c frozen pineapple
2 tbsp hemp seed
1 tbsp chia seed

I always load my liquids first, then greens and heavy pieces on top to help weigh it all down for a nice smooth blending. Using my vitamin, I turn the dial to smoothie and let it run it's automated course. Otherwise, start at 1 and slowly increase to 10 speed. Turn on high for 40-minutes.  If you have a regular blender, blend greens with liquids first, then add lemon and apple with dry ingredients, then add frozen.  Seems to blend easier that way, from my experience.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo