blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Spring Rolls In

Nope, sorry, not that Spring, but fingers crossed for a miracle soon! 




I have this recipe for these delicious Asian Cucumber Spring Rolls from my Beauty Detox Recipes book. You've heard it here before. My yum-yum guide. 

This needed to be tweaked a little because I didn't have all the ingredients. Though the hubster was kind enough to pick some things up at the store.

Instead of clover sprouts, I got a jar of whole cloves. I have noooo clue, you figure that one out.

Annnnd...instead of Raw Coconut Nectar, I got a bag of shredded coconut.  Have to give him some credit on that one. Oh, I'll use it…among the 5 other bags I have. Hey, the hubster tried, right? :)


So I used arugula rather than clovers, and a small amount of honey, rather than nectar. Could have used Agave, but I hear that's not so good anymore. I also shredded the carrots to make it a softer bite. The cucumbers sure were a challenge to slice thin, for rolling.  After a couple of tries, I made them like sandwiches.  Same end-result.  I made too much of the 'sauce', and it came out thicker than I'd like.  Probably because I doubled the ingredients, I always make too much, and I also let it mix too long in the Vitamix.  The outcome though, was yummy.  Great flavor for the roll-up! 

These are my results, not too shabby right?  They were very tasty.  The hubster even loved them.



Here's the full recipe and directions:

1/4 cup almond butter
1/2 Tbs grated ginger
2 Tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp sea salt
2 Tbs raw coconut nectar
1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts, pulsed in processor (do not over process, keep some texture)
3/4 Tbs sesame oil
2 organic cucumbers
A few handfuls of clover sprouts :)
1 cup julienned carrots (I shredded for softer bite)

Put almond butter, ginger, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp sea salt and coconut nectar in blender and process until smooth. Pour into bowl and set aside. (You can easily whisk, if you don't have a blender. Next time, I would just whisk.)

Pulse the macadamia nuts in processor and add to bowl.  Mix in the sesame oil and remaining sea salt, set aside.

Slice the cucumbers with a mandolin (I do not have one) into very thin, long strips.

Assemble rolls by adding a bit of the almond butter mixture about 1/3 of the way up the cucumber slice, and top with a bit of macadamia nuts mixture. Add a trace of sprouts and carrots, and just roll with it!

Yum factor!!

Note: If you are slicing cucumbers by hand and they are too thick, soak them in about 3 Tbs of lemon juice overnight, to help soften them for rolling.  I was too lazy to do that and wanted them NOW! 

Enjoy,




4 comments:

  1. Oh yum! This sounds so good!!! I'm going to have to make these! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good. My boyfriend would love for me to make him these. He's making me dinner Friday night, I might make him these this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea!
      How romantic, what is he cooking for you on Friday?
      Enjoy!

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo