blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Apple Dandelion Green Smoothie

I AM, a smoothie junkie. It's my morning tradition. I snack on them during the day when I'm craving a 'not so good' snack. Take them on the run. I make tons of this stuff!


Many friends have been asking for smoothie recipes.  Rather than bore them with my traditional, I went web searching for others to try, and share.  Today brings me to the Apple Dandelion Green Smoothie.

10 Reasons You Should Use Dandelion Greens 
Since I just introduced myself to dandelion greens, I thought this would be a good place to start. Don't get too mad at these pesky weeds, they do have a great health benefit.


This was delicious! 

Here are the ingredients that I found on Healthy Smoothie HQ. Check out the website for more info.

- 1 cup water (I used coconut water)
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup dandelion greens
- 1/2 fresh or frozen banana
- 1/2 lemon, peeled and seeded
-  A little honey, stevia, or maple syrup to sweeten (I used fresh strawberries I had frozen)

Add some chia seed, flax seed, and/or hemp seed for more nutrition.  You can also add coconut flakes or more of your favortie green, as well as your protein powder.  

If you are new to green smoothies and just starting to test them out, you might want the sweeteners added.  I don't mind the green taste, but I do have my limits at times.  I prefer to use sweet fresh fruits for my sweetener.  When I run out, I'll use a few drops of liquid stevia.

Have a smooth day!


2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'm brave enough to go with the dandelion greens but I do enjoy a good smoothy. We have on for breakfast about five days a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, that's great! Dandelion doesn't taste too bad. Probably easier than kale, straight up! Sweeten it a bit.

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo