
Tuesday, December 03, 2013
Beet Salad
I made this salad two nights in a row. My hubster and my son loved it, I loved it more! Being the RAW eater that I am, this was the most delish salad I've made, since last week :)
This yumminess has arugula, mixed greens, walnuts, pine nuts, sweet kumato tomatoes, and some goat cheese. Yes, as a RAW eater I can consume cheese now and then, this is my one of choice. I don't eat other cheeses any longer, even though I was addicted! My taste buds changed and I no longer desire it. The natural enzymes in a goat are closer to those in humans, making digestion much better. Much of the RAW way of eating is about digestion. You can find more of this in The Beauty Detox Foods book. This book is my Goddess!
(I do not receive any compensation for mentioning this book. All comments are personal.)
Anyway, do you know what I call this a beet salad? Duhhh, because I top it with beets. Oh my gosh, if you love beets like we do, eat them on your salad. The benefits of beets are great. Beets are rich in antioxidants, calcium, iron and magnesium, fiber and high in vitamins A and C. (Refer to Beauty Detox for more information.) Yummy, yummy goodness.
Nothing fancy to this salad in way of measurements. Just add the greens and other ingredients as desired, depending on the number of people you are serving. You can add any dressing to this. I cheat and do the lazy move by using a healthy vinaigrette. But if you really love beets, you can use this beet dressing.
Happy Tuesday!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












I definitely agree about goats milk and goat cheese. I've attempted to slowly turn my family dairy free and we started drinking almond milk. Hubby loves it, but we still have cheese sometimes, mostly feta. This looks wonderful. I don't really eat beats but I know they are super healthy for you. I think I want to share this so I can save it for later, my dear! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Brittnei!
DeleteIt's the only cheese for me these days, and not very often at all. A guilty pleasure. Of course you can make the salad without the beets on top. That was just an added yummy for me and the hubster.