blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Banana, Cashew, Creamy Pops, RAW Dessert

You are going to love me for this recipe!  The hubster loved it, even the college kid loved it more (that says a lot), and I loved it.  So good and so easy.  I have to thank my Blender Babes for this one. 

Banana and Cashew Cream Ice Pops


They were dipped in chocolate, and then in coconut and almonds.  You can use any topping you'd like. 


I used different molds.  The one above was a huge helping, even the hubster ate it in two sittings. 


So, here's the scoop!

Ingredients
2 cups raw cashews, soaked for a minimum of 4-hours, drained and rinsed
1 large or 2 small bananas (I used 1 1/2 large)
3 Tbs honey (I used raw coconut nectar)
1 Tbs vanilla paste
pinch salt
3/4 cup to 1-cup of water (careful not to use too much and become watery)
200 grams 70% or higher couverture chocolate (I used 60% and it was great)
2 Tbs coconut oil 
shredded raw coconut
chopped raw almonds

Directions
Combine cashews, banana, honey, vanilla, salt and 3/4 cups water in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and free of any lumps. 

Slowly add the remaining water until you achieve desired consistency. (Be wary of too much water.)

Pour the cashew mixture into ice cream molds and freeze 2-hours. If you don't have molds, use paper cups and fill 1/4 of the way, believe me, that will be plenty for one treat!

Decorate/Toppings
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and add the coconut oil.  Stir and quickly dip your ice pops into the chocolate, followed by the coconut or chopped almonds. Serve immediately. 

This recipe makes 3 cups. 
I used a Vitamix, slowly increasing to 10, then high for 30-seconds.  It was perfect consistency, and I used 1/2-cup of water.  





signature

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, lately I've been itchy after eating nuts (almonds, peanuts, and walnuts) so I'm going to go without them for a while before trying them again. However, I'm sure this recipe is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I think I'd be lost without nuts as part of my diet. Hope you get over that.
      Maybe replace them with yogurt if you eat dairy…?
      This recipe was really good. Thanks for coming by. (Sorry I'm so late in responding, I did from my cell phone, but it never posted.)

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo