blankhomeblankaboutblankdiyblankclean eatsblankcontactblank

Thursday, December 19, 2013

#AskAwayFriday, #20

Wow, #20!  Congrats to Penny, of RHOCC and Amber, of TheBoldFabMom in their achievement with this link-up.  PLEASE, check out these ladies and give them some love! It's always fun with the Q&A, and chatting it up with some new friends. So let's get on with it.

The Real Housewife of Caroline County

This week I am partnering up with Sarah

Lomholt Blog

She's got The Cutest Blog On the Block with the cutest girls! Check out my answers to her questions below, then go to Sarah's blog to see her answers to my questions!  Have fun!!

1.  You just look so fabulous!!! You say in your profile your 50-something and I would never be able to tell.  Please share your secrets. :) That's a question right? ;) Haha, I'll take it as a question :) First, "thank you so very much"! I try, hard! There really isn't any great secret. I think I got lucky with taking care of myself, and quitting bad habits early in life.  Plus, I feel awesome with my new eating habits. 

2.  Where do your inspirations come for a lot of your DIY projects? I see things in stores, magazines, (always saying 'I can make that), and I venture on Pinterest here and there.  I do see some on blogs, and I try to remember to write down where I did see anything I might DIY, I want to give credit where it's due. I haven't posted much, but I do have a lot in 'the process' of finishing.  

3.  I seen it says your a skin care specialist?  Do tell.  :) After pharmaceutical marketing for years, it came to a screeching halt.  Always having an interest in skincare, I decided to go back to school.  I don't do a lot out in the field much, but I do keep up on new knowledge and work on friends/family. I love it and love helping others feel good about themselves, in many ways.

4.  Any fun holiday traditions? Cookies and pumpkin pie.  Wrapping gifts to the film, Love Actually, a MUST! 

5.  Do you have a craft room or specific spot you do all your fun things? I do!  A spare room that serves as an office, skin care room, crafts, sewing, fur-baby sleeping :) I'd show you a pic, but it's a crazy mess right now. Even though I cleaned it from this mess.  I will definitely post a nice new organized photo in the near future.  

6.  I seen you eat RAW, what is your favorite meal? I make so many different ones, that I haven't repeated a favorite meal as yet.  They are all good though.  I do repeat the Muhammara Dip often.  Healthy and filling with some celery as an afternoon snack between meals. Oh, and there was a summer repeat, sorry, the Gorilla Wrap. Yum!

7.  You were married in 2005, what would you say is your secret to a great marriage. :) I am far from an expert, but I believe the secret to a great marriage is having MORALS and VALUES within yourself, and share that with the one you love.  That's when these things will flow nicely; TRUST, HONESTY, CONSTRUCTIVE COMMUNICATION, STRUCTURE within the family.  Those are the main things for me. 

8.  I seen you have a few furbabies, how many do you have and what kinds are they? My fur babies are like having 2-year olds!  No exaggeration, but I love them to pieces!  Queen Lucy Belle is my 10-1/2 year old girl.  She's a JUG, Jack Russell/Pug mix, and adorable.  Everybody loves Lucy.  Then Chewbacca, he is our kill-shelter rescue!  He is about 7-8 years old, follows Lucy in everything.  He was skeptical and aggressive when we first got him, but now I think he loves us as much as we love him. I wish I could rescue every 'mis-placed' doggie.  I love both their personalities.  Never enough photos.  Enjoy!  




 

9.  What's your dream vacation? I've been to many places, countries, states, etc.  I always dreamed of Greece, Santorini Island.  Ever been?  Anyone?

10.  Any New Years resolutions? No.  I never really do one.  I think it's an omen if you try to, because it's hard to stick to.  For many, not all peeps.  (Don't want to judge the ones who "can-do".)  I do want to be more organized, like I used to be, so maybe I'll start that tomorrow :)

Thanks so much Sarah!  
Cheers!
signature

14 comments:

  1. Your fur babies are adorable! I need to get my fix of Love Actually this holiday season. It's one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, a jug! That might be the cutest mix I've ever seen. They are both precious. Guess what? I have the same EXACT tradition of wrapping presents while watching Love Actually. Just did it tonight as a matter of fact! You really do look amazing BTW and too funny with your BFF question! Sarah one day was like, " we're gonna be BFFS" and then we started calling each other that and it kinda stuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well BFF, we almost wrapped and watched at the same time! I just got tired with crafts.
      Yes, the Jug is a cutie for sure. She's boss and she knows it!
      Can't wait to meet up. I should have you over as my craft organizer.
      We should do a destination blog meet with a few of us after the holidays!

      Delete
  3. I don't believe for one minute your're a 50 something year old. It's a total lie and if you are telling that truth then YOU ROCK and I hope I look just like you at that age! :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You are so sweet Amber! Another BFF of mine.
      Actually, I am 60, but no one believed me, so I say I'm 50-ish. Haha. No really, I am 52 and 4 months. So thank you! xo

      Delete
  4. I also have "projects" that I badly want to start and finish, haha. I'm getting crazy over where to start. LOL! You have lovely puppies, I'm not really into pets but yours are so adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! They really are cute. After growing up with pets, I didn't get one in my own home until I was 34, and my son wanted one. I'm glad I did. The projects!! Yikes, I need to get that done in the New Year. I always say "when this holiday is done, or this birthday, etc.," haha!

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. Aw, cute fur babies!
    I'd love to go to Greece too. Some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison!
      We can share photos when we each have our Greece, some day.
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  6. Yea I never get into the New Years resolution thing much these days. Your fur babies are soooo cute! Love those photos. I had no idea that you were in the pharmaceutical industry for a bit. :) Skin care though seems right up your alley with healthy living and all. Hmm...I might have to try your recipes one of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brittnei! I always have things I was to change/edit in life, but never relate it to a yearly resolution. For anything to change, it has to be the right time for 'you'. Thanks for the fur-baby love, they are sweet. Funny, the pharma career, skincare and RAW eating came at different times. It's all good!
      Happy New Year sweetie!

      Delete
  7. I, too, have always thought Greece would be lovely to visit! To be able to see some of the ancient architecture would be amazing! I have noticed that several of the #AAF ladies have mentioned Love, Actually, I have never seen it, but I may need too! LOL! Wishing you and yours a safe and wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Greece I'm sure is so lovely!
      Love Actually, is a must see for everyone.
      Happy New Year girlie xo

      Delete

What do you have to say about that? I look forward to your comments xo