Why is sugar bad for you? Here are 10 reasons why, that I found at Authority Nutrition:
1. Added sugar has no nutrients
2. High in fructose, which can overload your liver
3. Fructose/Liver overload can cause non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
4. Can cause insulin resistance, leading you to Diabetes
5. Insulin resistance can lead to Type II Diabetes
6. Sugar can give you Cancer
7. Due to the effects of Hormones and the Brain, it has fat promoting effects
8. Sugar is highly addictive
9. Sugar is a leading contributor to obesity
10. It's the SUGAR that raises your cholesterol and give you Heart Disease
Make a reminder note, put it on your refrigerator or your pantry/cabinet door.
All the added sugar is added trouble to our body. It's the worst ingredient in The Diet. Period.
This is why I try to have 95% of my daily eating as a RAW food diet. I'm not perfect, heaven knows, but I do good in trying to keep my body healthy with what I put into it. I crave sweet smoothies or a pear or a bunch of strawberries with almond butter and toppings. I feel healthily satisfied.
This is the sugar I crave!
So think about it, the next time you want to shove that Twinkie or heavily processed sugary food into your mouth. It's going to places in your body, to make you unhealthy. Hey, I like to be blunt!
Treat yourself good. Read up! Eat healthy!















My Middle name is sugar ;) I love sugar esp around the holidays. Peeps, pnut butter m&m's, and anything else i can get my hands on LOL
ReplyDeleteYes, been there with the peeps!
Delete