I am so excited! Because today is my first official post, on my new blog site! And thank you so very much for stopping by. To think I was nervous about being myself, just an everyday girl! Well, not today.
Not only is this my first blog post, but also I received a second 'mystery box'! If you are not familiar with these, they are boxes filled with girlie samples (or full sized) fun stuff. I call it a mystery box because you never know what they will ship to you next, or what they might have you pick from. There are several different 'boxes' out there to purchase one-time, monthly or even quarterly; but I just couldn't decide, so I picked 3! Or was it 4? I'm sure I'll narrow it down at some point, maybe.
(Doubt it :)
First up, Julep - I'm a Maven!
![]() |
| Julep - my free 'thanks for signing up' box |
It's all in the packaging, right? That's what I say. The pink and black is right up my alley. It said my style is Boho Glam, a dynamic free spirit with a creative eye. I thought about that (uhm, no), I think I'm the "Classic With A Twist! An iconic beauty with a timeless aesthetic". Hey, if I can change who I am with a click of a mouse, I'm going for it. I wasn't disappointed with my contents, however, I gave the nail polish to my sister (who is all about nails, and I do have colors similar to these).
CONTENTS: 2 nail polishes, nail file, glycolic hand scrub, sample polish remover pad (all Julep)
Next up, Ipsy!
Packaging...AWESOME! I was loving this bright'n shiny pink mailing envelope. Pretty snail-mail makes me happy. (I gotta' have some of those.) I definitely got more for my money with this box. The shimmery pale pink polish, I'm usually shy with shimmer, but it's good for a gloomy rainy day.
PROS:
I recieved my first box!
Love the hand scrub
Nail polish dries fairly quick
CONS:
Too dark for me for summer
Polish is too thick, makes for sloppy polishing for shorter nails
Polish stained my nails (I'm a nail polish snob, I like color or clear at any moment. This wasn't ideal.)
Next up, Ipsy!
![]() |
| My first Ipsy box |
CONTENTS: Zoya pink Gie Gie nail polish, Sheer Pixie lipstick, Yaby concealer sample, Anastasia clear brow gel, Pacifica roll-on perfume, a cute colorful cosmetic (or anything) bag
PROS:
A lot for a little
Lipstick is sheer and moisturizing, with a hint of coral
Nice colorful glam bag
CONS:
I'll see how the perfume plays with my allergies, but that's my con (so far, so good)
Polish needs several coats if you want no see-thru nails/lines
This was fun! I hope you enjoyed my first blog post. I know I did. Please check back often!
Do you receive any 'mystery boxes'?
Would you pay $10 a month? $20 a month, or more, for a 'mystery box'?













I am not signed up for anything like that, but it does sound fun. What girl wouldn't look forward to a surprise like that every month?? Thanks for the "shout out", and yes I am all about the nails, love the colors, but have not tried them out yet to be able to comment on the product quality. I can vouch for Anastasia being a great product for the items I have used from them, brow wax pencil (love it!) and the tinted brow gel (almost makes it look like real hair when it fills in color). I would definitely consider signing up for a mystery box, or maybe...I'll just split it with ya and you can give me the stuff you don't like, haha. Love the first post! The site looks AWESOME!!!! I am so proud of you and excited for you, can't wait to see more ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kelly! You know I'll be giving you lots of things. ;)
ReplyDelete